The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have an aftermarket intake manifold, like the Banks or BD X-Intake? I'm thinking about getting a CFM Plus intake and I'm wondering if anybody has any first hand expierience. Thanks!

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
I know of people with them on their dodges, and my dad has one on his 6.0 PSD. I dont know how much it helps in the long run unless it is combined with other breathing mods such as a different turbo, larger intercooler, etc.

That said, I would go with other modifications before getting one of these. They all claim to flow more air (like all the CFM+ ads you see where they compare to stock and competitor on a chart), though if you think about it, does this really matter at that exact point in power production if you are not running a higher flow air filter (which would be very minor at this point in the system) or a larger turbo.

Just my $.02 sorry I dont actually have one, just stating what I have read and heard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
someone did a dyno on three different ones the afe , ats and cfm the cfm did the best but being noted for les materail in ports ie boost and water/eth nosel cant remember who did it but unless your moving more air than stock i cant see it helping much i would guess in upgrade list it would fall near the turbo and intercooler i would do it with water meth if i did it before intercooler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts