The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
diesel power!!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are you guys running the oil pressure sensor on the aftermarket gauges? i just went and got a auto meter but got stumped as far as where to put it and off what line you go to. any help is appreciated thanks :happymugs

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
you need to T it in with the fatory one OR use the test port that is on the front of the motor just below the intake manifold.. u will see a plastic cap on it, i have no idea what the threads are. Thats part of the fun LOL You could also get a billet oil filter cap with a npt thread already tapped..

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Or tap into the turbo oil suply. Since its one of the highest spots, I guess it makes since to check it there. My friends truck is done this way, and he seams to be happy with it.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I would never want ANYthing to ever get in line for resistance to a turbo oil supply...

·
diesel power!!
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys that gives me a good idea of what i need to know!

·
Built not bought...
72 Posts
Machanical oil pres gauges dont have probes or sensors. So I would think resistance would be minimal when dont correctly. But knowing ur turbo has adaquate oil is a good thing. And it being one of the highest points, it can be the first to loose oil under low pres. Wich is bad. Thats all I was getting at... But to each his own...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts