The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Setting my sights on the next project and looking for information/prices on aftermarket turbos. I pull a 24' travel trailer, race bmw's, and generally drive like a maniac. I'd also pull a sled once in a while if given the opportunity, not often though. Twins would be nice, but I'm not looking to spend that much yet, just looking for a good solid turbo.

·
3,939 Posts
Send a PM over to DmaxalliTech, or give him a call -- his shop is Merchant Automotive in Holland, Michigan.

Eric has worked with the Auroras, BDs and the new Garretts and can give you an idea what would be best for your application.

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
40 series Garret quick spool ball bearing. Let me know if you need more information...

Dan
I run it, and I haven't had any problems with it, ever. Let me know also if you would like any info. Great all around turbo, daily driving, towing, and racing. It will support up to 650 RWHP. I love it, I went up the chiriaco pass on my way to arizona on friday, and I cruised up it going 70 MPH, towing a 13k pound trailer, at 1200* max egts.

·
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What program did you have loaded while towing? I have no experience w/ garrett, does the turbo come with a new d-pipe? Thanks for the info.

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
Load level 3 on my PPE tuner. It is the newer style 10 level tuner. The turbo does come with a down pipe.

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts

·
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys! I read that report last night on dieselson's garrett, sounds like fun. Thanks for the info. You guys (or anybody else) have any idea how much air/fuel is too much for the factory head bolts? Who has blown it up already?

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
No, it is in a whole other league. Racing only, not responsive. It is not ball bearing I believe.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dieselson said:
No, it is in a whole other league. Racing only, not responsive. It is not ball bearing I believe.
hmm not really its actually alot more reponsive then you think i have seen it on supras and even on 4g63's in 1st gen eclipes.... and you can get it in ball bearing configurations... im actually using this turbo on a custom compound turbo kit in a 06 dodge,,, cant wait till its done

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.