The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
TURBO BOOST
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 99 powerstorke.what would be a good aftermarket turbo kit,that is not to expensive?

·
6,337 Posts
Early or late 99? What do you want to do with your truck? What are your HP goals and what budget do you have?

·
TURBO BOOST
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
early,i just wanted to up the horse power a little bit with out getting injectors,and hoping to get better mpg.not more than a grand if thats possible

·
1,726 Posts
Look at the very bottom of the page here on Beans site you will find the Dominator 66
http://www.beansdieselperformance.com/99-03turbo.htm

It's the only bolt on turbo for an early 99.
A H2E would support more power if you planned on upgrading injectors but it is more money than what you want to spend.

·
6,337 Posts
Yup, I would say a D66... or a 1.00 exhaust housing. Turbo is not going to give you anymore HP one way or another without more fuel.

·
TURBO BOOST
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the info

·
TURBO BOOST
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
what are all the differences in the early to late model 99's

·
Registered
52 Posts
for a few hundred more look into the garret ball bearing turbo its unreal i have it on my truck. or also glance at the ATS turbo housing it will make that stoker a monster and eliminate surge

·
862 Posts
Strokin40s said:
for a few hundred more look into the garret ball bearing turbo its unreal i have it on my truck. or also glance at the ATS turbo housing it will make that stoker a monster and eliminate surge
Early 99's don't have issues with surge.

·
6,337 Posts
Garrett will not bolt on the early 99's eather...

·
588 Posts
Pocket said:
Early 99's don't have issues with surge.
my 2002 sure as chit does! i think i killed my turbo pullin around 30k, didn't think my truck would do as good as it did, but it kept on pullin till my turbo went to surgin like crazy, now pullin a 1500lb sled trailer with 2 snowmobiles it starts surging at as little at 11-13 pounds, i think i killed it!LOL:itsdead

·
6,337 Posts
speedemon said:
my 2002 sure as chit does! i think i killed my turbo pullin around 30k, didn't think my truck would do as good as it did, but it kept on pullin till my turbo went to surgin like crazy, now pullin a 1500lb sled trailer with 2 snowmobiles it starts surging at as little at 11-13 pounds, i think i killed it!LOL:itsdead

Differant turbos on the early 99's...

·
588 Posts
CSIPSD said:
Differant turbos on the early 99's...
yes i understand that, i was just pointing out that the 2000-2003 turbos have a serious surging problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts