The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a front and rear 4 link airbag suspension kit and went with an upgraded controllor that has 4 preset positions for ride height, I cant wait for the 350 lb box of goodies to show up:happydance. I will post up pics of the install.....

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
:popcorn

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Looks like a good time to do an 05 front end conversion. Looking good still.

·
323 Posts
Looks Great!
How is the ride quality?
You may have just given me reason to keep my '04!
My truck (F-250) just doesn't ride like my buddy's '06 coil sprung F-350.
Thanks,
DD

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
took the truck out for its first voyage today and the suspension is smooth i am very happy the only thing i see i need to do is due some adjustment on the rear axle and she is good to go, this suspension with the addition of the vgt turbo is a very smooth ride and makes very good power for not having any engine tuning.

·
323 Posts
Looks awesome.
Now that you are done with the install...
What do you think of the kit as a whole? Price, quality, design
Is there anything you would change or add?
Thanks,
DD

·
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i really like it, it fit pretty well, i think that the rear link bar would benifit by being about an inch longer and the installation instructions could be better but i had fun figuring things out and making it mine, there should be a front sway bar relocation plan(they have none) so i put the boggest sway bar out there on the rear. the air/water filter by far is what i dont like the most, it is designed to automatically discharge water when the pressure drops but it won't reseal itself when the compressor comes on so i find mysealf reaching under the truck to get it to seal so the tank will pressurize. the air engine is pretty cool and easy to install. it seems to be pretty good overall

·
27 Posts
I too instaslled airbagit 4 link in my 08. My kit looks a bit different than yours I have a 4 inch rise over my front bag and my rear arms a not welded together like yours. I bought the complete kit where I mounted the air comp. , manifold , and tank in the bed of my truck to keep it away from the salt they use here in NY. As a whole I would not do it again or at least no from airbagit. Bought the kit over about 2 years ago and still changing things on it to work right. Now that I got my new truck my 08 is going back into the shop to replace a couple fittings that came with the kit from leaking and add a wireless smart ride system (more $).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts