88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to put a set of air bag in the back of my truck
and i was wondering what i should be looking for . is this
something i can put in my self ?

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
I am not sure what to watch for but I have hear that firestone has a good setup and the basic system is quite easy to install yourself

·
393 Posts
I bought the ones for my 2006 Chevy 3/4 ton (I have since converted back to Ford due to a wreck that totalled the Chevy) from JEGS.com back in January for just over $200.00. They are the AirLift brand (Recommended by my truck camper manufacturer, Lance) and I couldn't have been happier.

Installed them myself, in my driveway, with only a small floor jack and basic hand tools.

You Can Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
324 Posts
i think with the compressor and bags it was about 500. i wouldnt even waste my time on them if i didnt have the gauge and compressor. the last thing i want is to not have the abilty to adjust my ride when i want to. airlift makes a nice kit with a leveling valve like a big truck thats pretty nice. i just like the manual option. i loaded 2500 lbs in the bed of my truck with sugar beats and hundred lb bags of corn in the middle of nowhere, hit the button truck rode great and level. got to where i was going dumped it, hit the release and back to normal.

·
CANADIAN CLUB MEMBER # 11
140 Posts
Reactions: 2008fx4diesel

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
I have the Firestone kit on mine, worked great. I got the set up for a gooseneck hitch and just had to modify the lower bracket by building a spacer to compensate for the lift.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts