The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
water man
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Bendix AD-IS air dryer that purges itself every 30 seconds or so. I have replaced the governor and up-loader valve on the compressor recently with no change. Could the desiccant filter on the air dryer be plugged/clogged causing frequent purging? I have had to replace the air compressor with rebuilt ones 3 times over 9 years. Not much luck in rebuilt compressors by either Bendix or Haldex. Even replaced the drive gear on the compressor with an OEM one in case it was wobbling and tearing up the compressor. I replaced the desiccant filter each time I replaced the air compressor. Really perplexed here! Any suggestions?
Thanks

·
515 Posts
:whs

Air leak in control side has always been the problem with the ad9's I have had to act like that. I am a stickler for thorough maintenance but if there is one thing I have been really bad to ignore it has been air dryer and I have never had any issues with cycling from well used cartridges. I have had a new governor a time or two that didn't work right when brand new. Just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I agree with soapy water and tracking down a leak. I have been there a few times with a truck I owned, it's frustrating but is a necessary thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Oxbow12
1 - 5 of 5 Posts