The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay this has been bothering me for a little while now, i went to pick up a new Air filter at the stealer and the guy brings one up and its a ac-delco white one... so i asked him about getting a blue donaldson one, he proceded to tell me theres no difference and they dont make them anymore...

on donaldsons site they show that there is quite a difference between the blue powercore filter and the plain celulose

well WTF GM!!! so i go on donaldson's site to find if they still sell the Blue filter, and no such luck, just a plain white powercore... WTF!!!!!!!!!! where did my blue filter go?? can someone tell me???? :rantoff

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well i have the donaldson too, i just thought i would pick up another one just to replace the one i have now, if it ever eventually dies, and the parts guy was a total douche about it "theres no difference between them, i already told another guy this" i was like.... what??!!!

http://www.donaldson.com/en/engine/support/datalibrary/059806.pdf

the thing i dont get is that the filter in this PDF looks identical to the one in my duramax.... granted it may be a little bigger, so i scoured their website and i came up with NOTHING!!! only the white powercore, what gives??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts