The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I changed the oil and fuel filters in the truck. (08 6.4 ) I did the key cycle 5-6 times or more and the truck won't run. It started and ran for a few seconds and then died. Cycled the key a few more times tried to start it and it ran for a second. Now it wont start. Called the dealer and the said let it sit for a little bit and cycle the key again. If it doesn't start it ned to be brought in and hooked up to the computer. This isn't the first time I have changed the filters but it is the first time I have had an issue. Any suggestions?

·
186 Posts
First, make sure you have all the fuel filter caps properly sealed, o-rings in place and not kinked, HFCM drain lever closed, etc. All the key cycling in the world won't purge the air if it continues to get into the system.

Cycle the key a bunch more times, with your head out the window in a quiet area and listen for air burbling back into the tank. When you stop hearing this, cycle the key a few more times for good measure before trying to start the truck.

If you really got a lot of air in the system you may need to bleed the air out at the schrader valve on the fuel cooler.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts