·
milkin cowboy
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HOW MUCH DIFF DOSE A FILTER OR DIFFRENT AIR BOX REALLY MAKE?:shrug:

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a k&n on mine i could tell a diff. they say to add hp and torque. but it helps your motor breathe alot better i mean im sure you could use all the power you could get.

·
3,514 Posts
Filters with oil are harder on things, if you over oil them. IMO the K&N is a problem, because they increase airflow by decreasing restriction, and using the oil as the oil real way to stop particulate matter from entering the engine. Something like an AFE or BHAF increases filtration, while allowing the same or higher levels of air flow, because of the increased surface area of the filter.

Thats just my opinion though.
Sean

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have an S&B intake on mine. I used to have a BHAF, but went with an actual intake. Not bashing the BHAF though, because I really loved mine, but it got dirty too quick. A prefilter condom thing would have prevented that. With the S&B, I do notice a little quicker spool up and a better whistle than when I had the BHAF. Here's mine:

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
icebox is the way to go, it uses a amsoil nanofiber, and its made right here in the good ol USA

·
milkin cowboy
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the bhaf mounts to stock intake? and hpw much and where to get, and the s&b how much for that set up looks nice n neat

·
Registered
99 Posts
I gave $200 for my intake. Comes with everything you see. If you want whistle, you might want to spend a little extra and get it. The box helps keep it from sucking hot air from the turbo and manifold. There is a cut out in the side, that lets it draw air from the hole in the fender where it will be cool and fresh.

The S&B appears to be oiled, LIGHTLY.. I've used K&N drop in's with my stock air box. They were pretty much dripping. The S&B seems to be "moist"..

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
pb_beaker said:
where can i get a prefilter for my bhaf?
outerwears.com

For those of you w/ a BHAF heatshield, does yours flop around a little cause mine does.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have a volant intake system, it has a nice box that the OILED cone type filter goes in. i took the tube off the turbo to take the silencer ring out, and found alittle film of oil in and around the compressor wheel. i wondered where could this come from. i think i know now. i think i will stick with this setup for now but will be careful not to oil the filter too much. i am glad i read this thread. thanks guys.

·
93 Posts
i have a bhaf with a AFE turbo tube and i love it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i love the enclosure of the S&B but i want a dry filter like afe's. anyone kno of an intake that has a solid enclosure with a dry filter? or would it be pussible to put a dry filter in a volant or S&B enclosure?

·
Registered
27 Posts
the s&b was my first upgrade I'm happy with it. Its a little agervating to remove the cover everytime you want to clean it but stays pretty clean and its never been wet even with all the splashing in mudd puddles i have gotten water through the door seem filter still dry. I could tell a little difference in performance and you can hear the turbo whisle more.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts