The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone have them? Im looking to make my 3/4 more like a 1ton..or better..deciding between adding another leaf or two or airbags..thanks everyone

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did you get the complete system with compressor and tanks or just the bags you fill up with like shop air?

Im thinking i'll go all the way

·
1,445 Posts
I have air lift bags on my truck and love them I had them on my 1/2 tone and used them all the time had the short bed compleatly full of rock and it leveled it off they realy help with the rear end swaying I have the on board air supply I dont have any tanks but ther are to small compressors and they recover prety quick and the bags have a life time warenty

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
i have some on mine, love them. i have them plumbed to schraderf valves out back that i fill with my air hose. i want to plumb them to a gauge and switch but its easy the way it is now. also, they are plumbed seperately so they help with sway too.

Garrett

·
1,445 Posts
the way I have mine is one compressor per bag so I have side to side and front to back leveling it works great. I got them from jc whitny and I got to of the compressors that controle front to back and it comes with the compressor, wireing, gauge and switch I got to because it would have a quicker recovery than the kit that will do side to side and front to back with one compressor :thumbsup

·
1,445 Posts
I got to of thes and it works great I went with the more practical and affordible set up for me but ther are alot of options
http://www.jcwhitney.com/AIR-LIFT-ELECTRICAL-AIR-CONTROL-KIT/GP_2005941_N_111+10201+600003410_10101.jcw

the other option that I was looking at was this but with to compressors I have a faster recovery rate alto I am looking into a air compressor of a simi that is belt drivin to put in place of one of my alternators but that is going to take a little time to figure out

http://www.jcwhitney.com/AIR-LIFT-ON-BOARD-AIR-COMPRESSOR-SYSTEMS/GP_2005935_N_111+10201+600003410_10101.jcw

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
ahh, i see. i thought you had some larger compressors. i would like to get something with controls for both bags. id like 3 gauges though, 1 for each compressor and 1 for tank air.

Garrett

·
1,445 Posts
ahh, i see. i thought you had some larger compressors. i would like to get something with controls for both bags. id like 3 gauges though, 1 for each compressor and 1 for tank air.

Garrett
ya me to but money is tight and was even worse when I got the bags but I needed some sort of on bord air supply because I was comercial fishing and wold come off the river and be no wher close to an air compessor but the set up I have has worked flawlesly for over a year now and recovers quickly

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
ya me to but money is tight and was even worse when I got the bags but I needed some sort of on bord air supply because I was comercial fishing and wold come off the river and be no wher close to an air compessor but the set up I have has worked flawlesly for over a year now and recovers quickly
i see. yeah, i use mine for filling my tires and running my air impact. i now have 3 compressors to fill my 12 gallon tank.

Garrett

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well its looking like i might be getting rid of my truck for a new 450...maybe i'll put bags on that...:thumbsup

·
1,445 Posts
:whs

·
1,445 Posts
i see. yeah, i use mine for filling my tires and running my air impact. i now have 3 compressors to fill my 12 gallon tank.

Garrett
thats what I am going for some day right now I am looking for a compressor and air tanks off a simi but every wher I call they want an arm and a leg for it but hopfuly soon

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
thats what I am going for some day right now I am looking for a compressor and air tanks off a simi but every wher I call they want an arm and a leg for it but hopfuly soon
yeah, the belt driven compressors arent cheap. though they do good. ive been happy with my Viair compressors.

Garrett

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, so i decided to keep my ford...what brands and where is everyone buying the kits? Still debating on adding a leaf or airride..

·
257 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Those only help after your axle is saging doesnt it?...i dont want it to sag at all

1 - 20 of 29 Posts