The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
2nd Gen Guru
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I would like to personally thank GOS Performance for providing me with a quality product. It took me a little over 3 hours to get it all installed to my specs that I wanted. I did some changes during my install to hopefully protect the pump and filter from damages this summer when I'm out cutting firewood.

The when the box showed up from the "Brown Man" I was kind of shock to see how big the box was. I didn't relize that is came with all new fuel ine, fittings, electrical, etc. Right On! Instructions are really easy to understand.

Once I got the pump all hooked up I was expecting this loud pump to buzz on the frame below. I turned the key and didn't hear nothing! UH OH! So I bumped the starter and listened. Wow! It really quiet running pump...

Got it fire up (without priming!) and I was seeing 17-18 PSI Wow! This truck has never seen over 14-15 PSI in its life till now! Even stomped on the throttle I never got below 15 PSI. I know why too. I still got to put in the draw straw kit. I scarficed my old Vulcan Big Line Kit to make a pickup line temporary till I get back from my trip I got to make next week...

I'm going to head out and grab my camera from the shop and post a few pics...
 

·
2nd Gen Guru
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well here we are... Here is the old little carter Campaign pump (4090046) from Cummins...


(Looking a bit sad and tried...) LOL

Then there is the installed AirDog 150... :evil: (Mount towards the transfer case to allow the skid plate to protect the filters for being hit.)


With a solid 16.5 PSI shown on the gauge! :Thumbup: I've seen up to 18 PSI now...
 

·
Member
Joined
·
112 Posts
looks good we put a raptor 150 on a 01 dodge at the shop it was an easy install worked great i think fass is gettin put to shame
 

·
2nd Gen Guru
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cummins5390 said:
looks good we put a raptor 150 on a 01 dodge at the shop it was an easy install worked great i think fass is gettin put to shame
Basically the think the shame is the price on FASS being AirDog and FASS are the same type of pump... For the price on the AirDog its worth it... :bow:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
when you install that pump do you have to take the stock lift pump off and also i dont have many mods to my truck so would it be overkill to get a 150gph pump
 

·
2nd Gen Guru
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
weebz90 said:
when you install that pump do you have to take the stock lift pump off and also i dont have many mods to my truck so would it be overkill to get a 150gph pump
Yes.. Stock pump comes out completely... AirDog does sell a 100 GPH pump as well... The first pic above was my stock pump that was relocated by a vulcan big line kit... Like I said it looked sad and tired...:hehe

I went for the 150 GPH pump because in the future I want to drop 60HP injectors in...:evil: So I'm planing ahead so I don't waste good money on something...
 

·
Member
Joined
·
75 Posts
weebz90 said:
when you install that pump do you have to take the stock lift pump off and also i dont have many mods to my truck so would it be overkill to get a 150gph pump
yea, it bypasses it and goes right to the injection pump w/ 1/2" line. you can leave the stock pump and everything on there though.

i'm going to go take some pics to show ya.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
4,158 Posts
The FASS is definatly going down, i have heard the FASS on a few trucks pretty loud.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,585 Posts
yes they are loud i put one on a 05 cummins and you could hear it over the engine idleing
 

·
TDG Mafia # 81
Joined
·
1,903 Posts
ExtendedPower had a problem with his FASS in Ohio. Got his truck running again with a Holley gasoline pump LOL . Sad to see that FASS is loosing the market to Airdog, but if you make a better product you will take it from them.

Tony
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
164 Posts
Horsehaulin said:
ExtendedPower had a problem with his FASS in Ohio. Got his truck running again with a Holley gasoline pump LOL . Sad to see that FASS is loosing the market to Airdog, but if you make a better product you will take it from them.

Tony
I have the airdog 150 as well and I think they make a quality product. But, if FASS is loosing the market to Pureflow Tech. as you say, I think it is more a reflection of the price of the pumps. I read somewhere they were going back up? If the price goes back up on the airdog units I think they will sell a bit more evenly.

The Airdog used to cost quite a bit more than the Fass systems.
 

·
a work in progress.......
Joined
·
26 Posts
not trying to steal this thread but im lookin at putting an airdog system on my truck before i do much else but im not shure which one to go with the 100 or 150 theres not much price difference but i wasnt shure thanks
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
164 Posts
hunterzack90 said:
not trying to steal this thread but im lookin at putting an airdog system on my truck before i do much else but im not shure which one to go with the 100 or 150 theres not much price difference but i wasnt shure thanks
You could call pureflow and ask what the difference is, but what I have read is that the 100 will do up to around 500-600 horse and the 150 is good for well over a 1000.
 

·
Alaskan Assassin
Joined
·
88 Posts
As a diesel owner I must say that the extra noise of a fuel pump would be welcomed with open arms. I LIKE LOUD!!!
 

·
2nd Gen Guru
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
dodgetheonlytrk said:
hey where can u get those filters when they need to b changed manufactor or what
Balwin Part Numbers:

Fuel Filter - FF-100-3
Water Sep. - WS - 80

Most NAPA stores will carry these filters...:Thumbup:

Sandaholic said:
You could call pureflow and ask what the difference is, but what I have read is that the 100 will do up to around 500-600 horse and the 150 is good for well over a 1000.
I went with the 150 series because of the filter setup and the possiblity of my BOMB BUG infections causes me to buy a set of injectors down the road... :wow

AK Mud King said:
As a diesel owner I must say that the extra noise of a fuel pump would be welcomed with open arms. I LIKE LOUD!!!
This is the first pump I've had that is invisiable and can't be heard... This is really quiet...
 

·
A Slave To The Trade
Joined
·
650 Posts
speaking of the fass alot of people seem to be swtiching to the air dog lately. what could it be that makes the fass so [email protected]#n loud?
 

·
2nd Gen Guru
Joined
·
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
All in the design of the pump... Like my old Carter Campaign pump was loud...
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top