The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got another alignment done on my truck and it doesn't track straight down the highway at all. I dealer said it was balls on, seems my truck always pulls to the left. I wondering you guys have had this problem and how did it get fixed
Thanks
Greg

·
215 Posts
I just got another alignment done on my truck and it doesn't track straight down the highway at all. I dealer said it was balls on, seems my truck always pulls to the left. I wondering you guys have had this problem and how did it get fixed
Thanks
Greg
My front end makes a popping noise when I turn, similar to an un-greased fifth wheel. Anyways I asked the dealer to look at it when it was in for an oil change. They said this was becoming a problem and that the company said to expect a recall when they figure things out.

Not sure if this is the same thing mine had a slight pull to the left, like the steering was out of alignment (just slightly).

Anyways the tech inspected everything and re-torqued everything, he also noticed my hubs were locked (don't remember ever changing them) he said its not good to drive that way all the time and in doing so its most likely making the problem worse. Like I said I don't ever remember manually locking the hubs...

So keep your eyes peeled for another recall...

Reactions: gporter302

·
7 Posts
I had the same problem with mine - had it in twice for alignment, but didn't fix the pull. I had my truck in for the 10,000 mi oil change and tire rotation - on the way home - it drove straight as an arrow down the road and I've never had another issue - even after another tire rotation.

·
Just Cowboy Up and Do It!
37 Posts
I don't know if this is a diesel engine (weight) issue, or a dually issue, or a 1 ton issue, or a 4x4 issue so I'll just throw it out and no doubt get some opinions.

Slightly over 40,000 miles, already replaced both front factory Continentals because they wouldn't balance. Current front tires have less than 20,000, and the outside shoulder of the RIGHT FRONT tire is shot. I had the front end aligned at 20,000, when the front tires were replaced under warranty. I had it aligned again at 30,000, when I swapped the two front tires because the outside shoulder of the RF tire was wearing worse than anywhere else. Now the current RF outside shoulder is wearing.

Truck does not pull one way or the other, and drives perfectly.

Poor tires? Probably. Poor alignment? Possibly. Poor luck? Definitely!

I will be replacing all six tires shortly, (and not with Conti-tracs!), and just wondering if anyone else had had these issues with the right front tire specifically?

·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear the same popping sound when i turn, i took it in to the dealer for it nothing came from it. I will be waiting for the recall. I hope it comes soon.

·
222 Posts
Well i took it into the dealer and well....its a little better, but the roads are so dang bumpy here i can't really tell. It seems to still pull left though. Kinda gets old after awhile.

And for the popping noise heard, i hear the same thing. More so when the trans is cold, but always. It seems to do it more going into turns, but it does it on the straight as well. Ford told me there was a note about it and said it was normal....? I usually hear the popping noise i think 2nd gear going to 3rd, not sure it could be 1st to 2nd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts