The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put an Edge Juice W/Attitude(i really want an SCT but, it was free:sly:) and now my truck is insane fast! It will break the tires loose all the way through 4th WOW! and hit a 100 in no time(on a closed courseLOL ) but it then goes right back to 96:bang need to get a speed eliminator.

Scott

·
313 Posts
SmokingIDI_7.3L said:
Just put an Edge Juice W/Attitude(i really want an SCT but, it was free:sly:) and now my truck is insane fast! It will break the tires loose all the way through 4th WOW! and hit a 100 in no time(on a closed courseLOL ) but it then goes right back to 96:bang need to get a speed eliminator.

Scott
If your that impressed with the EDGE congrats. You really dont need the speed elimator you just need an SCT

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would like to get an SCT but cant afford it right now got to wait a few months. Got tomany bills right now to get out of the way. I didnt think I would be that impressed by the Edge but it will out run my buddies 04 until i hit the speed limiter( he just got his SCT, thats how I got the Edge)and his has a mild street tune in it. I know that with a strong tune that it will not compare but it will keep me happy for a little while.LOL

Scott

·
2,821 Posts
Just pace yourself and take it easy on the transmission. I'm sure you will be fine, just don't get too carried away. Chris

·
New Stroker
200 Posts
If you don't have money for an SCT how do you expect to buy a tranny?:poke:

·
706 Posts
UpstateDieselGuy said:
Just pace yourself and take it easy on the transmission. I'm sure you will be fine, just don't get too carried away. Chris
Agreed,if you dont have money for an SCT,then you dont have money to fix your truck,which you are going break something from your post. The speed limiter is probably a good thing,EGTS get crazy high at high speeds,and you aint got $$ to fix the truck when it pops a head gasket,and you slip the trans.

·
571 Posts
echo....echo.....echo......an Edge will nuke your tranny....be careful on how many of those hard pulls you're doing. Put that Edge on ebay and start saving for the SCT.

·
90 Posts
SmokingIDI_7.3L said:

Scott

Is this the older version or the newer Platinum Edition?

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
SmokingIDI_7.3L said:

Scott
just remember, you may be happy with it NOW, but there's a reason it was free :)

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
i'd listen to these guys... you get what you pay for, and a free edge will end up costing you THOUSANDS in the long run when you have to buy head studs and new transmission

·
90 Posts
I'm not saying one product is better than another, but you hear of people with SCT puking and having problems just like people with other brands. If you add big HP to them, be it from any brand, you know you are accepting the facts that it CAN happen. I'm sure SCT is a great product, but why discourage someone from buying another brand if they can't afford the SCT, but get a really good deal on something else???

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
KYmxracer52 said:
I'm not saying one product is better than another, but you hear of people with SCT puking and having problems just like people with other brands. If you add big HP to them, be it from any brand, you know you are accepting the facts that it CAN happen. I'm sure SCT is a great product, but why discourage someone from buying another brand if they can't afford the SCT, but get a really good deal on something else???
why ? because i'm doing them a favor . the edge makes power by increasing the timing, which spikes the cylinder pressures and is a major reason for puking.. and because the sct w/a set of gauges is USUALLY cheaper than a full edge juice/attitude combo so going the sct route is win/win situation and his tranny will thank him for it too..

·
2,126 Posts
Is it the platinum? We have an 06 thats had the Platinum for 45k miles and its still purring along and the shifts are all still quick and firm with no flare. We also service the tranny every 20k miles. Maybe that makes a difference? I like being able to use all the Edge's gauge features.

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
U do know that he said he had a 6spd manual right? If im thinkin of the right truck

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
this is the older version not platinum. I HAVE A 6SPD NOT TORQSHIFT. already talk to elite and they said it would be fine. My buddy went to SCT for tranny reasons, but any way if its free power then i will take it. I also have warranty on my truck so if i break it all i pay is the deductible.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I did get it to puke but i have been flogging on it really hard. It was just a little bit just a sprinkle on the degas bottle.

·
2,821 Posts
If you have the 6 Speed just watch the clutch. Many 6 Speed owners say that the factory clutch can't handle much more than stock. Chris

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well the clutch has been replaced but not sure with what. Have had no slippage as of yet.

Scott

·
310 Posts
one good thing to look forward to, is if you run the edge to long, ( like me), you get to get all the cool sh*t thats listed in my signature. hell yeah

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
When I put the SCT in my truck (6-speed),..I made it about 10 miles,..and the clutch was smoked,...the truck only had 12k miles on it,..and had NEVER towed.

Stock sucks.....I've had a SouthBend DD for awhile now,....no issues

1 - 20 of 49 Posts