The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find a place to order TranSynd transmission fluid from:shrug: . Does anyone know if the Bully Dog Rapid Power ATF is any good?
Oh and one more thing any thoughts on the Royal Purple ATF? I have their gear oil in my diffs.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I would go with Amsoil, but that is a personal preferance. Easier to find and doesnt take long to get it to the house.

Tony

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Is there that much difference? When I changed mine I put in Valvoline Dextron 6(?) which is fully synthetic. Same as GM spec.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
The are having a problem with the Dex6 in Canada right now. It is kinda gelling and burning up alot of transmissions. The Dex 6 is up to GM specs, but not Allison.

Tony

·
resident mason
343 Posts
No ****. I might look for something else then.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
firehillbilly said:
Is there that much difference? When I changed mine I put in Valvoline Dextron 6(?) which is fully synthetic. Same as GM spec.
Dex is the ATF GM recommends. Transynd is the ATF Allison recommends. The change interval on Transynd is longer than on DEX. Transynd also runs cooler. Heat kills everything. Anything I can do to reduce heat is helping my stuff last longer.

It's what goes in the medium duty trucks, so it's good enough for my light truck.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Will the 2 blend together? When I change fluid I usually just drain what I can out of tranny put new filter on and let her go. Do it every 20,000 and fluid is good. So with that method there will still be quite a few qts of the old in the system until eventually it will get completely replaced. Or is it better to flush and refill completely w/ Transynd?

·
14 Posts
Duramax 6.6L said:
I would use the Transynd for the Alison, Amsoil in everything else. When I put Transynd in I saw a temperature drop of about 30 degrees.
And you would notice a temp drop with the AMSOIL Torque-Drive fluid as well. It meets the Allison TES-295 Spec..

It is also quite a bit cheaper. I have a Tour Bus Line that buys it from me.

Doc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts