The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking to a shop guy today and he said 2 things to me that I question. 1) the Ally 6spd behind the lbz has upgraded clutches/gears/internals from the 5 spd found in the lly's. This makes it tougher in stock form. and 2) With a Trans-go Allison Jr. valvebody upgrade kit the stock Ally will handle 500 rwhp. For the relatively inexpensive price of the kit it seems worth it to me to get it. I'm kinda at the top for reliable hp through the tranny now with maybe 350? rwhp. I'd like another 100 at the wheels. What do you think?

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I figured the tc would be next. I'm getting the Jr. and see how it works.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I would think the TC would be hanging you up on running 500RWHP long term, it will shutter like hell under 500hp in 5th and 6th.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buckeye-I see you're running the Jr. and hot+2, that's gotta put you up around 450? No tc for you though?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I don't run my truck hard through shift from 4-5 and 5-6 it doesn't like it. You could run a Transgo JR and a after market TC and run 500rwhp for quite awhile, but you have to take out the trans to do this so I would recommend doing the clutches at the same time. Oh and I only run the 4th tune.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does it shift firmer all the time or only when you hammer down?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Mostly just when you hammer it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts