The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, 3 of my buddies have 06 d-max/ally's and my father does as well. 2 extended cabs and 2 crews. 3 chevy's and 1 GMC All four of the trucks have had to get the tranny lines replaced and have been out of warranty. These aren't cheap to have done either. I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this or has been affected by it. When my dad asked the dealer if it was a popular problem, the tech says " Well, not really we only see about 2 trucks a month with this issue". Well, I think 2 trucks a month with the same problem is 2 too many. What do ya guys think?

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
There's an aluminum crimp in 2 lines that can loosen and cause leaking. I'm keeping an eye on mine and will get them replaced under warranty if they start leaking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not really sure where they are leaking. I had an 06 4500 with the D-max/allison and never had any leaking issues. All of thier trucks have just over 50K on them. I just thought it was odd that all 4 06's that I know had an issue with leaks. I guess it's not as common as I thought. I figured it would be a hot topic here.

F

·
0 Posts
Mine seemed to have stopped? LOL I am sure it will start up again soon :damnit The good thing is it's covered under warranty, so atleast no money out.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Seems like the problems started when it got cold? Think the thick fluid when it's cold are a possible cause?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, 3 of my buddies have 06 d-max/ally's and my father does as well. 2 extended cabs and 2 crews. 3 chevy's and 1 GMC All four of the trucks have had to get the tranny lines replaced and have been out of warranty. These aren't cheap to have done either. I was just curious if anyone else has heard of this or has been affected by it. When my dad asked the dealer if it was a popular problem, the tech says " Well, not really we only see about 2 trucks a month with this issue". Well, I think 2 trucks a month with the same problem is 2 too many. What do ya guys think?
OK. I just got off the phone with the service manager at my gm dealership. He informed me that they are in the process of redesigning the trans lines for the allison. he is going to warranty the lines for me even though I have 54,000 miles because they have been replaced twice before and they know this has been an on going issue. :D I'm glad they stepped up, makes me feel better about there product.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts