The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have on 04 4wd DMAX with 83000 miles on it. I was jumping my jeep off when this started. When the shifter in Park and the transmission in park, the computer thinks the truck is in gear. It tells you the door is ajar and the daytime running lights are on while in park. The SES light kicked on 3 days later kicking out P0700 and P0708. I cleared the codes today and they have not come back yet. When you shift from drive to park it feels like its going into park a little hard. The shift indicator is not working also. It will show its in park sometimes and sometimes not. Sometimes when you put it in Drive it says 3 but the transmission is shifting throughout all of the gears. Any suggestions?

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Sounds like your NSBU is going bad. It is a cheap part. If you look on the driver side of your transmission right where the selector is that is attached to your gear selector in the cab. On the side of the trans their is a big piece of plastic arround the selector arm. It has 2 wire bundels plugged into it. That is the NSBU switch .. It tells the trans which gear to go in and if it is going bad it may not even go into gear. They are known for going bad. I had to replace mine 2 times.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Go to your local GM dealer and ask for a prindle switch. Mine was doing the same thing about 2 weeks ago, it cost about $215.00 for the switch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I changed the NSBUS today, it was still messed up and not working. Yesterday the truck went into limp mode. I took my EDGE with attitude out to take the truck to a dealer to run a diagnostic check. When i cranked the truck back up with the EDGE out it was fine, the truck acted like there is nothing wrong with it. I went to Advance to clear the codes and they have not returned after about 30 miles or so. I'm getting in contact with EDGE to see if they know of a reason for this. If y'all have any more incite, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for all the help so far.

Bobby

1 - 6 of 6 Posts