The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago Cummins and most of the other engine manufacters were making CNG and LPG fueled engines. I saw utilities vehicle (Dodge 2500) that had a 5.9 Cummins on LPG what ever happened to these vehicles? Does any one know if they performed well? LPG is much less expensive where I live and Diesel.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Sorry I can help you really but I never heard of such... That would be quite wiild to convert a Cummins to CNG or LPG...

·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The only one I saw was a Pacific Gas and Electric truck with a utility bed if I remember correctly it had 300K or 400K miles on it. It was for sale with a utility bed but the automatic transmission was shot. Not knowing how these Alternate Fuel vehicles performed or how much it cost to get parts I declined on the deal.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have worked on some cng cummings and honestly they're great engines and very easy to convert but a lil pricey do to buying a certified cng tank and regulator and the time to do it all. also you can't just slap it in there there are alot of nfpa regs with where components need to be. If your looking for an alternative to diesel put a waste veg oil system on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts