The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to find a way to eliminate the brakes cables I have that actuates the parking brakes on my F350 and F250. I do not care for the tail shaft parking brake set up all that much. So I was hoping for a heads up on something else that might be out there on the market. A friend of mine suggested a line lock system but I have my doubts about that as well. If I understand the way it works correctly a dead battery could send me truck rolling while unattended.

·
1,415 Posts
line lock is the way to go. it does not matter if there is no power going to it bc you have to push the brakes to equal or greater then the pressure on the other side of the valve for it to be able to open and relese the pressure back. That is with the micro lock brand anyways. Have seen a few tore up rear ends bc of ppl just flipping the switch and not pushing the brakes hard enought to allow it to let go.

·
1,415 Posts
Microlock seems to be a good brand

·
442 Posts
I thought they drained the batteries.

I wish someone made a transfer case mounted e-brake.

I have one on my little Toyota, disk bolts to the drives haft flange, and a mechanical caliper holds it. It rocks.

·
415 Posts
My Landcruiser had a driveline e-brake. What was nice was if the transfer case was in 4wd, the front wheels were locked too.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not think of that as being a option. I have had bad experiances with those kind of parking brakes though.

·
442 Posts
This is the Toyota one.

I really wish someone would come up with something.

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks pretty cool. And it does not look like the peice of junk ones I have dealt with in the past.

·
2,821 Posts
That would be a nice setup. Chris

·
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tried to locate one like that for a one ton but no luck. I guess I will have to get something from an F550 and mod it to work. But I am still not sold on those kind of brakes.

·
1,415 Posts
Sorry it took so long to get back, i do not have that set up anymore as all my trucks are autos now, i will talk to my buddy and see if he can get a pick from a mediam duty truck with the micro lock setup

·
442 Posts
I know the Toyota one is a mini truck, but that sucker has not once not been able to hold that truck on any incline.

We have one on a Kodiak at work, holds the truck, a load, and a 6k lb trailer on a hill.

I'm interested to see the setup he's talking about.

This is interesting. No electronics.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/product.php?productid=74&cat=62&page=1

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
I thought they drained the batteries.

I wish someone made a transfer case mounted e-brake.

I have one on my little Toyota, disk bolts to the drives haft flange, and a mechanical caliper holds it. It rocks.
if the micro-lock type were used it would only take power to lock it. then you could turn it off and the pressure in the line keeps it locked until an equal amount of pressure on the other side of the line unlocks it.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
only to set it. if you turn off the line lock with pressure on the brake side the lock stays set until there is equal or greater pressure on the other side. understand that now?

Garrett

1 - 20 of 24 Posts