The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the set up. I live at 5k ft above SL.
At about 3k miles I added AFE air intake system and juice w/att.
A few codes thrown but no real problems.
At 7.5kmiles I added MBRP 4" exhaust....
Then truck went into constant regen mode with high EGT's. 1200 at 75 and 800 at Idle. This happens in stock mode as well as 1,2,and 3
The installers said my egts were too low so truck needed regen and that they had seen problems with the AFE.
So I put the stock air box in, put about 40 miles on and the truck came out of perma-regen mode.
Everything seems normal now, but I am pissed that all the mods cant work together. Anyone seen anything like this?

·
45 Posts
I put an AFE on last summer with about 1000 miles on and it threw a code right away. I never had any more problems until last week, and it threw another code. Dealer turned check engine light off, and I got about 2 miles away and the light was back on. :censored emissions!! I am not sure what I am gonna do yet as far as keeping the AFE or what?!

Kevin

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
my check engine comes on within hours of a regeneration stays on for about a day and goes off. the truck runs the same GREAT !!! I not really concerned anymore I tracked its pattern always the same I was nervous the first time it came on also. Airaid intake is my only performance mod !

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
The light that you are getting is because the DPF is sensing to big of a difference between the intake and DPF.

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
I think you guys are nuts:popcorn:
WHY do you fight the warrenty?
I do understand HP!!!
Nick, I think you are crazy:pointlaugh
Am I wrong???
~Mike~:usflag

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
SAK said:
The light that you are getting is because the DPF is sensing to big of a difference between the intake and DPF.
No, that's not how it works. The PCM senses the pressure difference in presure OF the DPF, and Ford has a very good program to tell if you have screwed with the truck.

Mess with the aftertreatment system, and you will cause yourself problems. I'm sorry, other than to return it to stock, I cannot help resolve these issues. You may want to contact the supplier of your aftermarket parts and tune and sek them about warranty, since that is likely the CAUSE of your problems.

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
seapig said:
I think you guys are nuts:popcorn:
WHY do you fight the warrenty?
I do understand HP!!!
Nick, I think you are crazy:pointlaugh
Am I wrong???
~Mike~:usflag

mike that debatable I would say I'm standing outside my box ! LOL

·
Truck Toyz
653 Posts
John_G said:
No, that's not how it works. The PCM senses the pressure difference in presure OF the DPF, and Ford has a very good program to tell if you have screwed with the truck.

Mess with the aftertreatment system, and you will cause yourself problems. I'm sorry, other than to return it to stock, I cannot help resolve these issues. You may want to contact the supplier of your aftermarket parts and tune and sek them about warranty, since that is likely the CAUSE of your problems.

What is an OF??? Where is the OF???? I'm willing to bet its between the Intake and the DPF, the intake is allowing better air flow into the motor and causing a difference in pressure. Just like I said before.

You sound like a regular joe schmo tech, if it ain't stock it's wrong and will never be right. There are ways to making it all work in harmony, just need someone to step up to the plate and do it.

And :believe

·
2,126 Posts
LOL i think he just mean "of"

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
SAK said:
What is an OF??? Where is the OF???? I'm willing to bet its between the Intake and the DPF, the intake is allowing better air flow into the motor and causing a difference in pressure. Just like I said before.
"OF" in capital letters is for emphasis, as if the pressure OF the DPF. "DPF" is an abbreviation.

You sound like a regular joe schmo tech, if it ain't stock it's wrong and will never be right. There are ways to making it all work in harmony, just need someone to step up to the plate and do it.

And :believe
If it "aint stock" it has no warranty (2007+), if YOU want to PLAY, then don't expect someone else to PAY.

Insults will get you no where.

·