1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which do you prefer and why???? Everyone

·
19 Posts
Rotella 10W-40 is what my family uses for all out big blocks and diesels. Why? lol its what we've always used and never had a problem with it yet. :D I change it about every 10k miles depending on how much traveling i do.

·
I Wanna Go Fast!!!!
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i run rotella to just wondering everyones opinion thought about swapin to amsoil seems about just as much trouble thou

·
TDG Mafia
651 Posts
I have tried a few different oils over the course of this last year. Rotella, Valvoline Blue, and now am trying out the budget stuff from the local farm and fleet store. The ratings are concurrent with the big name brands, and so far so good. I will get an annalisys at around 2000 miles of it being in the truck and see what it says. I buy in the 5 gallon pail, and this stuff was $44.75 while Rotella was $58.75, so a decent savings. My truck has close to 260,000 on it. I will let you know what happens with this stuff once it has been analyzed.

·
87 Posts
I run Amsoil because I want the protection of synthetic. I feel from the test results I have seen that Amsoil leaves the smallest wear scar of any of the syn oils tested which means the longest life for my engines internals.

Less wear less friction means cooler running temp.

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
I don't mine Ro-smella... It does its job good but it does stink badly...:bang:

So I stick to Exxon XD-3 15W-40 and not had a single problem with it...:thumbsup

·
What are sparkplugs
147 Posts
I use rotella-t 10w-40

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I run 5w40 rotalla syn and really helps on cold starts.

·
96 Posts
I have used Delo 400 and swear by it! less soot, and does not turn black and break down as fast of rotella. Delo 400 is made by Cheveron

·
1,189 Posts
beware of the low emission stuff as it's not lasting as well... on a side note amsoil prices just went down so I have read

·
214 Posts
I have 11 engines to take care of and getting tired of changing oil. Amsoil and run twice as long as manufactor says. I like it so much I became a dealer.:thumbsup

·
454 Posts
amsoil baby

I use the amsoil because my truck runs better, starts easier, Even after 10,000 miles I swiped some off the dipstick to feel how it was, I tel you it was black which is norma, but it was slippery as hell still and is not all broken down watery looking like regular oils do after 5,000 miles. To not have to change your oil until 15,000 miles sever service/25,000 mile normal service is awsome. I stand behind the product.

·
Banned
69 Posts
I use the amsoil because my truck runs better, starts easier, Even after 10,000 miles I swiped some off the dipstick to feel how it was, I tel you it was black which is norma, but it was slippery as hell still and is not all broken down watery looking like regular oils do after 5,000 miles. To not have to change your oil until 15,000 miles sever service/25,000 mile normal service is awsome. I stand behind the product.
so If i run this is my 6.4 what weight am i looking for. I was just about to start useing rotilla t

·
1,189 Posts
well see there is a difference in oil for the 6.4 due to low e requirements on your motor etc. AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-40 Premium Diesel Oil replaces 5W-40, 10W-40 and 15W-40 viscosity oils. It is “backwards compatible” with pre-2007 diesel engines and recommended for newer and older diesel and gasoline engines and other applications requiring the following worldwide specifications:

• API CJ-4, CI-4+, CH-4, CF
• API SM, SL, SJ...
• ACEA E7
• Mack EO-O Premium Plus
• DDC Power Guard 93K218
• Caterpillar ECF-3, ECF-1
• Cummins CES 20081
• Volvo VDS-4
• MB 228.3
• MTU Type II

AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-40 is compatible with conventional and synthetic motor oils. Mixing AMSOIL motor oils with other oils, however, will shorten the oil life expectancy and reduce the performance benefits. AMSOIL does not support extended drain intervals where oils have been mixed.

Aftermarket oil additives are not recommended for use with AMSOIL motor oils.

SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Synthetic 5W-40 Premium Diesel Oil is recommended for use according to the longest service interval established by the engine, vehicle or equipment manufacturer. Drain intervals may be extended when monitored by oil analysis.

AMSOIL Ea™ and Donaldson Endurance™ full flow oil filters are designed for extended drain intervals. They stop smaller particles, have less restriction and last longer than regular filters. For best performance use AMSOIL Ea™ or Donaldson Endurance™ oil filters.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts