The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running an Amsoil engine oil? Any comments, concerns? What weight are you running? I plan to start doing my own service, and my neighbor is a dealer...

I don't have a problem with the Motorcraft stuff just another option.

Thanks

I tried search but can't get it to work find any results...

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
I run ams oil for diesel cj-4...cant give a before and after, but it's still running

·
53 Posts
ask yourself a couple questions.....
how long you gonna keep the vehicle? (if you trade in every few years, why use a premium product for the next owner's benefit?)
do you drive lots/little?
do you own or lease?
are there perceived benefits to you?

ask these questions about any premium product... not just ams....

whatever u do run.... can't go wrong with good filtration.

·
393 Posts
I can't see using synthetics in my diesel engine. Regardless of all the hype about synthetics and long service intervals, I can't see running any engine oil over 3,500 to 4,000 miles.

But hey, that's just me and 40 years of servicing my own vehicles.

I run the Motorcraft diesel oil and Motorcraft Filters.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I run synthetic oil in my truck.....and still change about everything 4,000 miles. It makes me feel comfortable though if I don't get time and have to wait 5-6,000 miles to change. My truck has always ran great on synthetic oil. I don't run Amsoil though....so this post is pointless in this thread lol

·
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I run synthetic oil in my truck.....and still change about everything 4,000 miles. It makes me feel comfortable though if I don't get time and have to wait 5-6,000 miles to change. My truck has always ran great on synthetic oil. I don't run Amsoil though....so this post is pointless in this thread lol
Not pointless if you provide an option...:happymugs

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Why do yall change oil so often? Lol i change mine every 5k miles which is often to me for a diesel, but im doing it right now until i find out any diff.. I know our 7.3s and a sure lot more diesels around that get changed every 10k miles.. none being 6.4s but mine but i was just wondering

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Not pointless if you provide an option...:happymugs
I run Valvoline 5w40 Premium Blue

Why do yall change oil so often? Lol i change mine every 5k miles which is often to me for a diesel, but im doing it right now until i find out any diff.. I know our 7.3s and a sure lot more diesels around that get changed every 10k miles.. none being 6.4s but mine but i was just wondering
I change mine often because I run the hell out of my truck. I test tunes with it, I run it down the track more often than most, and I drive it hard on the interstate. My truck sometimes gets idled a lot too. I live in metro Atlanta, GA, and the traffic SUCKS.

·
36 Posts
I'll give my 5cent. Im running amsoil cj4 and I like it. Our diesel shop guy that drives his truck changes his oil 15-30k if not towing. Wen I know that I do a mid tow or no tow I change in 15-20 and I change filter about 5k and add oil if needed. What I noticed that it runs cooler, I changed my tray to synthetic too, when shifts it's nice when tuned. And yeah I'm planing to keep the truck it's almost paid off, and I have 96k on it right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts