The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made an 8 hour round trip to purchase this 97 cummins 12v. It has 167k miles on it. the tranny is a Eaton 5 speed with parking break. the ac compressor will come off and I need to find out how to mount the ford compressor on it.It has a cummins turbo not a halset and it has no waste gate, do I need a different one? And does anyone know if this power steering pump will work?
Thanks

Attachments

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This is the only pic of the power steering pump. Also comes with drive shaft and FL CAC and rad.

Attachments

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I am planning to clean it up. New valve cover gaskets and fix the KDP and paint it, then just drop it in for now. I will rebuild it next year or so. There is lots of stuff that needs to come off so I will see what it looks like when I get in there. The motor came out of a fedex freightliner FL70.

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
At last I got everything lined up (It sucks not having a truck). We are leaving in a few hours to go pick up my motor.:woot::woot:

Will start tearing the truck apart next weekend or so.

·
71 Posts
What part of tx are you locates? We are getting a p pumped 12 valve with 117k from central tx. The salvage yard tried to give me a 1990 non intercooled cummins but I made them send it back. Hopefully they'll get it right this time.

·
Pappy
515 Posts
Made an 8 hour round trip to purchase this 97 cummins 12v. It has 167k miles on it. the tranny is a Eaton 5 speed with parking break. the ac compressor will come off and I need to find out how to mount the ford compressor on it.It has a cummins turbo not a halset and it has no waste gate, do I need a different one? And does anyone know if this power steering pump will work?
Thanks
You will be ok running with out a waste gate. Ive been running with out one for over a yr now with no problems. As far as the p/s pump and from what i can see you should be able to use that pump. Its kinda hard to see it with the glare of the sun

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What part of tx are you locates? We are getting a p pumped 12 valve with 117k from central tx. The salvage yard tried to give me a 1990 non intercooled cummins but I made them send it back. Hopefully they'll get it right this time.
Oh I got the motor from Freeport, I live north of San Antonio near Boerne

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You will be ok running with out a waste gate. Ive been running with out one for over a yr now with no problems. As far as the p/s pump and from what i can see you should be able to use that pump. Its kinda hard to see it with the glare of the sun
well as I was looking it over yesterday. It does have a Halset turbo and the waste gate is underneath. I also noticed one of the exhaust manifold studs is broke so I need to get a new one of those, Anyone know the part number?
thanks

·
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks I will give him a call.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts