The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of adding an 1" before I put on my Pro Comp traction bars. I have 5" Icon flat blocks with bump stops and my wheel sits back in the fender well. I plan on switching to a 6" block. Are angled blocks better than flat blocks? I know angled will center my axle better but is there any advantage other than looks? Are bump stop tangs needed as well on them? Thanks in advance.

·
78 Posts
Angles blocks will not "help" center the axle in the opening.It will only help with the driveshaft pinion angle.To get the wheel centered,you need to buy blocks that have offset pins to bring the axle foward.There is a guy that sells them on ebay "newton lifts".They are the best blocks on the market.....solid billet in any size you want,flat or angled.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Angles blocks will not "help" center the axle in the opening.It will only help with the driveshaft pinion angle.To get the wheel centered,you need to buy blocks that have offset pins to bring the axle foward.There is a guy that sells them on ebay "newton lifts".They are the best blocks on the market.....solid billet in any size you want,flat or angled.
So will angled blocks eliminate the need for shims? I have the Icon shim kit with my 5" block and don't have any vibration or shutter at any speed. I am thinking of going with these but they don't have the bump stop http://www.precisionmetalfab.net/static/product/index.cfm?action=view&ProductCode=FDFabUniLiftBlk These are from the the guys [email protected] bought his adjustable carrier bearing bracket. It comes angled or flat. Don't know which to get...

·
518 Posts
I also ran the 6inch Rize blocks.....they worked great.........I still got them if you want them maybe we can work something out...........let me know

·
518 Posts
7 1/4 from Newton lifts.............I raised the entire truck another inch...........front with the tei relocation bracket from icon

·
78 Posts
So will angled blocks eliminate the need for shims? I have the Icon shim kit with my 5" block and don't have any vibration or shutter at any speed. I am thinking of going with these but they don't have the bump stop http://www.precisionmetalfab.net/static/product/index.cfm?action=view&ProductCode=FDFabUniLiftBlk These are from the the guys [email protected] bought his adjustable carrier bearing bracket. It comes angled or flat. Don't know which to get...
If it was my truck,i would get the 5 degree angled block with offset pins.If you call
trevor at precision fab,he could make you a block that has bump stops.I wanted
blocks with out bumpstops,because my truck will never see that much load.Your best bet is to order the angled blocks without bump stops,and run air bags for towing.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it was my truck,i would get the 5 degree angled block with offset pins.If you call
trevor at precision fab,he could make you a block that has bump stops.I wanted
blocks with out bumpstops,because my truck will never see that much load.Your best bet is to order the angled blocks without bump stops,and run air bags for towing.
Thanks! Trevor sent me a PM on the org and I will be calling him soon. By the way he also has a killer floating traction block with built in tractions bars.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
7 1/4 from Newton lifts.............I raised the entire truck another inch...........front with the tei relocation bracket from icon
I am going to use the 1inch TEI bracket in the front as well. Your sig says 4.5 Icon lift but you're saying have 7 1/4 block in the rear and 5 1/2 lift in the front with the TEI? Does your truck have a raked look?

·
78 Posts
Thanks! Trevor sent me a PM on the org and I will be calling him soon. By the way he also has a killer floating traction block with built in tractions bars.
I have his 10 inch traction block with floating bars on my truck as of last week.
Best money i ever spent....my truck rides like factory again

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have his 10 inch traction block with floating bars on my truck as of last week.
Best money i ever spent....my truck rides like factory again
Good to know they work as well as they look. How much did those set you back?

·
68 Posts
OUO also makes a 5, 5.5, 6, 6.5 inch flat block with an adjustable center pin to center the axle within the wheel well.

ouoblocks_1007_detail.jpg

Angle blocks are used to adjust the rear diff pinion angle... ex. to correct drive line vibrations.

·
36 Posts
I also got the traction blocks from Trevor at Precision Metal Fab. He made the bump stop tang removable for me in case I wanted to add his air bag set up later.

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I also got the traction blocks from Trevor at Precision Metal Fab. He made the bump stop tang removable for me in case I wanted to add his air bag set up later.
Got any pics of that? Removable bump stops sound like a cool feature.

Since I already have a Pro Comp traction bar kit I'm going have Trevor make a traction block that the PC bars will mount to. Trevor's traction bars and traction blocks are sweet...But the bars are too expensive to ship to Hawaii.:thumbdown I just need to finalize my decision on wheter or not to add an extra inch to my Icon 4.5" kit before I mount my bars.

·
36 Posts
Here are the pictures of the traction block with adjustable bump stop tang. When I decide to do airbags in the rear I can just change the bump stop tang for PMF's airbag plate...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts