The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do these chips change shift points as well? I was thinking of getting the transcommand, and now someone told me about the DP Tuners website..

Just when I think I have my mind made up on what to buy I see something else..

BTW.. New user here and new to the PSD world.. I just picked up a 2001 F250 crew cab 4x4 short bed. 8" lift 37" tires. 103,000 miles, AFE intake, exhaust is a 4" straight from the exhaust manifolds to the back of the truck.
Has 3 pillar gauges. Manifold pressure, trans temp, and some sort of temp gauge.. I think it's EGT. The truck use to haul a 5th wheel.
I was told it has an edge chip in it, but unless it is inside the PCM I don't see it.

I'm looking for a stock setting, fuel economy setting so when my wife is pounding pavement around the city we get the best MPG we can, also want a towing setting so when we put her bronco with 40" tires on a trailer it can take it, and then a super "race" setting so for the times I feel like goofin off once in a while..

So far this looks like a great site..

Again hello from Southern California.

·
6,337 Posts
Get ready to lighten your pocket book... It should be a pyro gauge, what brand? It might have a edge EZ look under the hood toward the front of the motor for a plug, and then on top of the fuse block under the hood... See any box that says EDGE? If not there then it could be a programer... but if they didnt give it too you... you will never know.

Good thing is when you chip it you will override the programing in the computer.

stock-60tow-80econo-120 seem to be popular... Pick your poison.

·
282 Posts
Spectre said:
Do these chips change shift points as well? I was thinking of getting the transcommand, and now someone told me about the DP Tuners website..
Don't worry about a banks transcommand. The dptuner will take care of all that!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts