The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mafia

Just heard of another F-250 being stolen here in Houston.

Since we're in a prime spot for the smugglers stealing pickups to do their dirty work, I'm getting more and more concerned about parking my Powerstroke most anywhere, including at the house.

In surfing the web I came across the Cyclops anti theft device that is a plug-in relay that kills power to the starter and/or the Powertrain Control Relay (PCM). Take a look at it here.

http://emergingent.com/vandalalert/vandal_alert_nostart.htm

Anyone have any experience with the Cyclops? $129 seems reasonable if it works.

Huston

·
511 Posts
you could install a battery switch... the fire trucks by us have a heavy duty switch by the left butt cheek but im sure you could put it anywhere

·
TDG Official Poo Flinger
5,268 Posts
easiest thing to do to stop thieves,..it's also the cheapest.

Pull a couple fuses out,...that's what I do...can't get any cheaper than that.

Everyone says "install this"...or "buy that"...I get confused when I see all these people spend hours on installing this switch or installing this product.

pull a couple fuses....done.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:smoke

I agree that a good way to handle it is to pull a fuse. Problem is it's not very convenient to pull a fuse all the time. That's one of the reasons I like the Cyclops anti-theft idea, it's easy to use and I doubt a theif would want to take the time to figure out why the starter won't work. Hopefully, if he has to work to get it started the theif will go on to an easier target.

·
299 Posts
i think the easiest way is to pick something important that you need to start and run it through a cheap switch and hide the switch somewhere. This is essentailly the same as pulling a fuse without the trouble of pulling a fuse. just flip the switch when you get out and flip it back when u get in.

·
299 Posts
yup that will work

·
Registered
6 Posts
They almost got into mine here in Phoenix.Something must have spooked them but the did manage to damage the key opening.

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
lilgsx said:
Fuel pump relay ground wire. No volts no amps easy switch.
except for the fact that the truck will run even with the fuel pump disconnected....

trust me, i've forgotten to put my fuse back in several times after changing tunes, and driven halfway across town before realizing it when it would only make 20psi boost....

i'd have to go for something like the PCM power harness or the FICM ..

·
what's egt mean ??
586 Posts
crap i can't find my link anymore i must have deleted it, but it's a very simple looking keyfob thing that you just pop into the matching half on the dash or wherever and the truck will function, remove it and a thief would have to figure out which combination of wires to connect it would be almost impossible.. it's a very simple looking thing with a pretty funny name if i remember correctly..

·
*^%$#@&am p;am p;am p;am p;am
1,327 Posts
i got 100lb blue heeler called BEEFER :evil:

DONE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts