The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok on the SCT Programmers. Are they on the fly? Can they be changed while driving or only when stopped somewhere? also which one is the best. The guys that are looking at them here don't have guages and all. So would they be better off to go with the livewire or another SCT?? Just curious I am learning the Ford world with these guys with these chips/programmers.:poke:

·
3,306 Posts
The SCT is not on the fly. There is the SCT SF or the SCT excalibraterII. The SCT SF just has three generic programs where as the excalibrater has three custom programs set for the mods that you have done to your truck. You download a file into the trucks PCM just like anyother programmer. The SCT will only hold three programs. Most have gauges some do not. I have a pyrometer, boost and tranny temp gauge. My tunes are from innovative diesel. I have the street, X-street, and X-race tunes custom programmed for the mods that i have. With the X-race tune installed i've seen temps near 1400 already.

·
3,306 Posts
If it were my truck i would install gauges. There's quite a bit of wiring when installing 3 or 4 gauges. Now that the livewire is out i would probably purchase it if were in your buddy's shoes. That's if they don't feel like running all those wires. The livewire is basically an SCT device with who's ever programs you purchase with Built in gauges. :Thumbup:

·
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well that was the other thing i was going to ask, I wasn't sure if the SCT had the gauges like the Edge Juice does. No where that i have looked was very clear on what all the Livewire would display and tell. Thanks for the info so far. This will help me and them out alot!!:Thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts