2,155 Posts
why would you want it in the back seat. LOL

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why would you want it in the back seat. LOL
:haha

I was going to put it in the overhead console that I never use so its out of sight and keeps the honest people honest ;)

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
you might have to source that from Drew Tech

Reactions: crosstx

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
Cut the cable where it will be unseen, make extentions out of same size wire, slide some heat shrink over the wires and crimp the extentions with butt splices, the check them for a good crimp so there are no loose wires, after that just heat up the heat shrink and run the cable where you want it.

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cut the cable where it will be unseen, make extentions out of same size wire, slide some heat shrink over the wires and crimp the extentions with butt splices, the check them for a good crimp so there are no loose wires, after that just heat up the heat shrink and run the cable where you want it.
thanks i thought about that I just wanted to make sure i couldnt just get another cable before I hack into this one

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
thanks i thought about that I just wanted to make sure i couldnt just get another cable before I hack into this one
As long as you keep it color coded you shouldnt have a problem, I've done simular mods plenty of times with out a problem.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
They do make a longer cable for the DD. I believe i have heard Mick1955 say that. I would PM him. :thumbsup

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If my version is 1.2.0 1.1.7 is it up to date or do I need a newer one?
I just got it from Spartan last Thurs.

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
need the firm ware version.should be 13--somethingish. It should come loaded with the lates version. There was an update released um 2 maybe 3 weeks ago.

·
Spartan, True Performance
411 Posts
If my version is 1.2.0 1.1.7 is it up to date or do I need a newer one?
I just got it from Spartan last Thurs.
The latest firmware update is DashDAQ 2.1.1-1633. What you have listed is not the firmware version, it's the OBD interface #, also pp #. To make sure you have the latest firmware version, which you probably have, follow these directions.

From Gauges, click Exit. Then click Setup. Now click Version. Your firmware version will be displayed on the 3rd line. Also will be displayed on the last line when it boots up..

·
I Eat Rice
2,155 Posts
im so glad your around.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Mick, why dont you have the "New" tune? to much power?

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
Mick, why dont you have the "New" tune? to much power?
I am fairly sure he does... I read it somewhere, he is one of four trucks running it....

I would like to do some cold weather testing with it.... hint hint LOL

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The latest firmware update is DashDAQ 2.1.1-1633. What you have listed is not the firmware version, it's the OBD interface #, also pp #. To make sure you have the latest firmware version, which you probably have, follow these directions.

From Gauges, click Exit. Then click Setup. Now click Version. Your firmware version will be displayed on the 3rd line. Also will be displayed on the last line when it boots up..
:damnit yeah I gave the wrong #

I have the latest version:D

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I am fairly sure he does... I read it somewhere, he is one of four trucks running it....

I would like to do some cold weather testing with it.... hint hint LOL
Take that back, saw him talking about it on the spartan forums. I'd like to see a video of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts