The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the best/cheapest way to get a good tranny for 500+ hp. Exchange one from ATS or somewhere or if my tranny is still good and hasn't slipped yet to get it done with a kit.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
I don't know but I'd like to find out also. I"m leaning towards just going with an ATS or Suncoast when I get "extra" money.

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Merchant Automotive!!! :Thumbup:

·
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Which kit is the best for 500+ hp. Can the kit be installed by me or is there special tools and equipment?

·
3,939 Posts
You can buy a complete transmission from any of the main builders (Suncoast, Merchant, ATS) and install it yourself. Suncoast sells the complete parts kit to DIY on your own tranny, too.

Follow the links in the names to find out more info. Your best bet is to contact the various tranny builders and ask.

·
38 Posts
if your looking to do 500+ i would just look at buying suncoast stage V, unless you are willing to drive to see MikeL, merchant or someone else with alot of allison experience. they send you the tranny do the swap and send yours back to them.

·
Registered
310 Posts
suncoast stage 5 or a ppe stage 5 there are two u could go with i run a ppe stage 5 and we are over 500 hp and dont have a bit of problem

·
Registered
20 Posts
transco makes a shift kit that is guarenteed to handle 600hp. when the kit was tested it was tested at 900lbft. and on an 8%grade with a total gvw of 23500lbs. this kit is around $400. and if you have someone with a lift its not hard. we are in the process now of doing our 2nd one in a friends dmax

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Is the transgo a lot different than the trango junior? Was it hard to install? I'm looking into the junior thay say it'll handle 500 and it's around $150.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts