The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did 10 days and 3375 miles pulling our 30' 5th wheel from FL to Oshkosh across the UP of MI and back down 75 to Lakeland, Fl. The only thing I had to do to the truck was clean the windshield and put fuel in it. MPG averaged 11.28 for the trip with a high of 14 mpg across the UP with good tailwinds with speeds around 65 mph. Edge CS showed peaks of 226 ECT, 237 EOT, Boost 26, EGT 1355 and trans 200, all of those were likely set on the climb up the hill at Monteagle, TN at 95+ air temp, speed dropped to 45. On level ground ECT ran at 200 avg, EOT 208-210 and trans at 165. I used PHP's 65hp tow tune the whole trip. This is proof that if you take care of the truck it will take care of you and the 6.0 will run tuned without studs :).

·
6 Posts
Great to hear it! These forums seem to be where people go to 'share the misery' so I like to see some positive stories once in a while, yours is a good one. I hope you continue to share these kinds of posts. Here's to your continued good luck and happy motoring.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts