The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned my 08 Pete for 2 years and am about to open the motor for the 3rd time. SDP05927. This things been junk for me.

I am wondering what my options are for this thing? I think I've finally solved my 2 year long problems with this thing but believe I have a broke ring. Just rebuilt 8 months ago with new head. One shop figures I fucjed the motor from running with a weak fuel pump so long (cause Noone could properly diagnose it) and another mechanic thinks my driver was lugging all the time which snapped a ring. turbo studs always break... constantly!!!

I want this to be the last time I open this busted jalopy up for a while so I'm wondering where you guys would go with this?

I haul 140,000lbs Canadian weight.

I don't know if converting back to a single 6nz style is best or keeping twins and changing other components.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Truck currently is deleted but iva are active. Was just dynod at 500rwhp which is less than I should have I think.

·
207 Posts
Leave it as stock as possible or your will be charged in a roadside inspection if running Ontario. Missing twins and cgi parts is the first thing the inspectors are looking for. They have not as of yet caught d*l*tes with all of the system in place. Sound like you need to find a better shop to do your work, I have dozens of sdps running around with over 1 million kms with no issues. 3 times in 2 years sounds like workmanship. I checked your engine history and I see this work was not in the Cat system, so suspect your not going to dealer. Cat already has download in the system with your emission system off, so you can't hide your delete.

Pm me for more info if needed

·
2,555 Posts
There are also some pretty strong Rumours of needing to have visually intact emissions components for CVIP in Alberta very soon. Turbo stud breakage is often due to misalignment, improperly supported exhaust or over torqueing on installation.
Cat recommended higher operating speeds for heavier loading, ie shifting at 1750 instead of 1550, but you probably already know that.

Reactions: Oxbow12
1 - 3 of 3 Posts