The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Levi
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 F350 and i have put on a cold air intake, edge programmer, and put a straight pipe on it.. but im looking to get more power and black smoke but im not sure what i should do next.. any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
ldwzlaw said:
I have a 95 F350 and i have put on a cold air intake, edge programmer, and put a straight pipe on it.. but im looking to get more power and black smoke but im not sure what i should do next.. any ideas?
If you want smoke put a set of injectors an a dp tuner w/ the 140 smoke tune and sit back an hold on!!! Good Luck!
 

·
TDG MAFIA #101
Joined
·
390 Posts
:whs
 

·
Levi
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
what stage of injectors would you recommend with out doing any other work to the motor? and where is a good place to get them? im gunna get the dp tuner it sounds like it puts the edge to shame.
 

·
strokin now cummin later!
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
yeah ditch the edge. go with a dp tuner. you will be amazed the difference in power and smoke
if you not want to mod the motor any more than i would go with a set of hybrid injectors.
blackclouddiesel.com
itpdiesel.com
wideopenperformance.com
dieselinnovations.com
theres more but thats all i can think of that sells them
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Macktruckdriver said:
You want smoke check out the vid in my sig thats with DP-tuner and stock injectors.
You know for some reason I get more smoke out of my 80 econo than I do the 140 smoke file.

Maybe every truck is that different.....
 

·
Levi
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
orangepstroke said:
yeah ditch the edge. go with a dp tuner. you will be amazed the difference in power and smoke
if you not want to mod the motor any more than i would go with a set of hybrid injectors.
blackclouddiesel.com
itpdiesel.com
wideopenperformance.com
dieselinnovations.com
theres more but thats all i can think of that sells them

alright thanks for the advice.. defiantly going to do it..
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
I'm currently running stage 1 injectors with DP Tuner 4 position chip. On the 140 extreme setting I can exlipse the sun. The people behind me might not be happy but that's their problem :)
 

·
Levi
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
tjl said:
I'm currently running stage 1 injectors with DP Tuner 4 position chip. On the 140 extreme setting I can exlipse the sun. The people behind me might not be happy but that's their problem :)

haha yeah thats what im wanting to do... im going to get the DP tuner first and sell the edge... ill have to save up for the injectors though there not to cheap...
 

·
strokin now cummin later!
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
no the injectors are very high. i plan on going with 530 b codes. or bigger if they have some out by then. im going for big power though. with running the hybrids they will work fine with the stock hpop. as others wont.
 

·
Levi
Joined
·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
orangepstroke said:
no the injectors are very high. i plan on going with 530 b codes. or bigger if they have some out by then. im going for big power though. with running the hybrids they will work fine with the stock hpop. as others wont.
when you say hybrid injectors is that like stage one injectors? i dont know to much about injectors as you can tell...
 

·
Diesel Pro
Joined
·
899 Posts
Fast_Ashley said:
You know for some reason I get more smoke out of my 80 econo than I do the 140 smoke file.

Maybe every truck is that different.....
Thats weird I cant get any smoke on the 80E unless im doin like 55 and stomp on it then its maby a little puff if that even. But on the 140 If I lock my TC in first and role it on I make the car behind me disapear just like that LOL But the unmarked cop car behind him didnt think it was funny the other day on the way home from work. :sorrysign:
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
1,386 Posts
ldwzlaw said:
haha yeah thats what im wanting to do... im going to get the DP tuner first and sell the edge... ill have to save up for the injectors though there not to cheap...

Mine came from Rosewood. They are a remanufactured injector. Being a reman, injector it saved me quit a bit of money.
 

·
Diesel Pro
Joined
·
899 Posts
Hybrid 530's are like stage 3 IIRC. Someone will correct me. The Hybrids dont use as much oil as other injectors like the stock split shots in the SD's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,769 Posts
Macktruckdriver said:
Hybrid 530's are like stage 3 IIRC. Someone will correct me. The Hybrids dont use as much oil as other injectors like the stock split shots in the SD's
Stage 1 A codes with a nozzle
Stage 2 stroked A codes with nozzle
Stage 3 hybrids
Stage 4 B codes

All you guys craving black smoke better not post up about sh!tty fuel mileage, cuz it's the number 1 killer of a tank of fuel....
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Top