The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know of any Nebraska or nearby sled pulls this year? I have been looking but can not find a schedule. Thanks in advance, Ryan:smoke

·
1,705 Posts
There was one yesterday in Broken Bow. I missed it cause I was sick. There's a list on dieselplace.com in the NE section. I'll try to get ya a link.

·
172 Posts
Oh man I missed the Broken Bow one. Wasnt even thinking about pulling now. Oh well. I do believe Kearney is having a tyruck pull in mar. Not for sure on the dates. Maybe Duramax 6 speed will fill us in. Hey if anybody has any video off the Broken Bow one post it up somewhere I would l;ove to see. This stupid flu has got me as well. Duramax are you gettin over it.? Hey Ryan whats your rig. I have a 2003 PSd 7.3.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Diesel guy, I have an 08 6.7 CTD, we also have an 02 Dmax and an 01 PSD 7.3. I am looking to find what pulls are coming up in the area.

·
1,705 Posts
I've about got this flu beat.

I'll see what I can do for Vids. I know the guys on DP got some.
Greg Lussetto in Bridgeport owns a sled. Here's his dates for pulls.
{EDIT} This says 2007 but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to say 2008. I just pasted it here.

2007 Schedule

May 26 Maywood, NE
June 23 Mitchell, NE
July 1 Stapleton, NE
July 4 Kimball, NE
July 7 Holbrook, NE
July 8 Merna, NE
July 14 Broadwater, NE
July 21 Beaver City, NE
July 28 North Platte, NE
July 31 Bridgeport, NE
August 1 Julesburg, CO
August 3 Harrison, NE
August 4 Sidney, NE
August 5 Longmont, CO
August 9 Mitchell, NE
August 10 Hemingford, NE
August 11 Ogallala, NE
August 18 Powell, WY
September 1 Lodgepole, NE
September 8 Wellfleet, NE
September 16 Dalton, NE
September 22 Billings, MT

Diesel Guy said:
Oh man I missed the Broken Bow one. Wasnt even thinking about pulling now. Oh well. I do believe Kearney is having a tyruck pull in mar. Not for sure on the dates. Maybe Duramax 6 speed will fill us in. Hey if anybody has any video off the Broken Bow one post it up somewhere I would l;ove to see. This stupid flu has got me as well. Duramax are you gettin over it.? Hey Ryan whats your rig. I have a 2003 PSd 7.3.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I just joined diesel place, it seems there is more members from NE there. I'm trying to find out more about the Kearney pull. 01duramax6sp, where are you at in the state?:sly:

·
1,705 Posts
All over LOL . I live south of Gordon. We're calving now so I'm not running around too much but I get around the state some making deliveries.
Where are you located?

dirtmovr said:
Thanks, I just joined diesel place, it seems there is more members from NE there. I'm trying to find out more about the Kearney pull. 01duramax6sp, where are you at in the state?:sly:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am at Chapman, but like you some times I am in other areas working. What local diesel performance shops are around? We have a couple here in G.I. but would like to know what others there is. If you didn't already know there is a dyno here too.:woot:

·
172 Posts
Chapman yeh I go through there going to GI. Where are you at in Chapman. Isnt there a salvage yard west off town south side off road. tryin hard to find info on the Kearney,Ne pull. Will call a number tommorrow to make sure when an times, Have you sled pulled much?

·
1,705 Posts
We don't have much in NE for shops. Maybe east there is. North Platte has a good Cummins 12V shop. I do most all my own work except for my custom tuning. Even did a motor last summer :sofa . It's time for a turbo now and maybe some headstuds.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Diesel Guy said:
Chapman yeh I go through there going to GI. Where are you at in Chapman. Isnt there a salvage yard west off town south side off road. tryin hard to find info on the Kearney,Ne pull. Will call a number tommorrow to make sure when an times, Have you sled pulled much?
Never pulled a sled with a pickup, so just learning. Yes there is a salvage yard west of town, not much good in there though. I am a couple miles west of town. about 2 miles north of hwy 30. Earlier today I did see a coule trucks from midwest diesel perf in missouri on trailers, looked like they were on their way back from the pull. Wished I knew about that pull about 2 days earlier, Oh well thats life.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
01duramax6spd said:
We don't have much in NE for shops. Maybe east there is. North Platte has a good Cummins 12V shop. I do most all my own work except for my custom tuning. Even did a motor last summer :sofa . It's time for a turbo now and maybe some headstuds.
I do most of my work also,, helps to have a diesel tech degree, and farm background. I have been through about 11 motors, but none recently. I do all my own work on my heavy equip also, saves a ton on expenses.

·
172 Posts
You an me both. Hopefully Kearney will fill the bill. Hopefully there will be some video off it over on dieselplace. The Broken Bow pull that is. I havent pulled either but make it down to Wahoo to there truck pull in late July early August. Its one off the best pulls around. lots off diesel trucks pull there as well. I think those guys wrote the book on pickup pulling. They have been doing it before the sport became popular. Its definitly a trip worth making to see an those Wahoo guys are class acts an no how to put on a quality pull. they had way over 100 hooks this last year.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Where you from Diesel Guy? If ya dont mind me asking. Just trying to get to know who is out there. When is the Wahoo pull in 2008?

·
1,705 Posts
Want to do some work on a the 12V in my Sig LOL ? Needs a P-Pump swapped on and some wiring. Then the quest for 700HP will come :sly: :woot: .

dirtmovr said:
I do most of my work also,, helps to have a diesel tech degree, and farm background. I have been through about 11 motors, but none recently. I do all my own work on my heavy equip also, saves a ton on expenses.

·
393 Posts
The Kearney pull has been cancelled for this year. I have been helping run the diesel part of the pull for the past couple years but the people who ran it decide that they weren't interested in doing it any more. If they would have told me earlier i would have tried to do it on my own but, that is how it goes. I think we had something going there.

From Last years schedule these are the approx. time frames for the eastern NE pulls.
Freemont early June
Auburn first week of July
Tecumseh second week of July
Platte City, MO third week of July (big money, big pullers, awsome time even if you go to watch.)
Springfield Thurs before Wahoo
Falls City Friday before Wahoo
Wahoo first weekend in Aug (very good time)
Arlington second week in Aug
Adams third week in Aug

I am 2Poor4Power on thedieselplace.com

·
172 Posts
To bad

I was looking forward to that. Oh well so it goes. Just have to forward to this summer. I guess. Ill definitly be in Wahoo for there pull. Its awesome. If your a Ford,Dodge or Chevy fan you will be pleased. Even if you have to drive a bunch its well worth the trip. Even as far as Duramax 6 spd is from the pull I would come an see it. Theres a guy with a black duramax that raises cane with everybody. Its impressive. Adams an Springfield are excellent to. Im still looking for a video off the Broken Bow pull. Any news on that. Oh an BTW im in northeast Nebraska west off Columbus.

·
393 Posts
I didn't get to go to BB but it sounds like there are some around just not up yet.
Wahoo is always a lot of fun and last year was the best it has been in a while. John in his black dmax is going to be even better this year. TW has a 6sp manual duramax that pulls hard too. I am helping guy with a 1st gen that hopefully will have a great year. The more the merrier.

If any of you guys are in SE NE you need to make the trek to Platte City, MO. 3000+ people, trucks from 7 states last year, probably 30 or more modified trucks. Michael Tomac won it last year. First place payout has been $2000 and I would assume it will not change this year.

There are pictures from last years pull in Platte city on my website. Click "schedule" then click on the Platte City, MO link.

·
1,705 Posts
Michael Tomac is known for winning LOL .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts