The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My truck just started throwing this P0003 code and has lost power. Before I change the exhaust back to stock and take it in I thought I would check to see if anyone has seen this. It is fuel volume relulator circuit low.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Here are the possible causes....

• Fuel volume control valve
• FVCV circuit short to ground in the harness

I think I had this code when I was also getting P0088, and it would cause my truck to die when I would stop at a stop sign. I think what ended up happening on my truck was the diesel tech accidentally got some coolant on a sensor or something when he worked on the truck previously. He cleaned the sensor off and it never came back. The P0088 wasn't related though, that ended up being my high pressure fuel pump going bad. Your going to have to take it in though. Sounds like the truck is in limp mode from it.

·
65 Posts
The pump is in the center back of the engine, under a cover that is under the turbo. I don't know if it is visible, but you may be able to wiggle the wires and see if you can send a code. I am not sure if this is doable either.

·
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had a look around and couldn't see anything wromg so I installed the stock non dpf tune and still had the same code along with absoulutly no power. I still need to drive the truck for a few days before I can take it in so I installed the 275 tune now I have no codes and the power is great. What the heck?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts