The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a 2004 6.0 125000 miles only mods are not cat egr delete custom tow tune from kem I have been noticing my ect temps jumping around while driving example drove down south last week 300 miles running between 80-90 eot temps stay pretty steady ect stay within 10-20 degrees 95+% of time then the ect would drop as much anywhere from 10-50 degrees for a few seconds up to 5 min then back within 10- 20 degrees same thing towing the boat yesterday for about 50 miles. I did have the oil cooler replaced last year the truck has been running great ever since and still is. I have what looked to be some coolant residue on the tank not sure but cleaned it up going to monitor it. was thinking I got a sensor going bad? just looking for some input. Also month or so ago I sprayed the engine down and the sensor went haywire showing - ect temps and showing codes on scan guage I cleared them and unplugged the batteries and had no issues. thanks in advance guys.....bill

·
1,324 Posts
I'd vote new sensor or possibly bad connector.

Reactions: budwagon1274

·
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
was thinking the same thing is this something I can get at the auto zone/napa where on the motor is it and how hard is it to replace?

·
Curmudgeon
472 Posts
They are both up on top by the oil filter. The 6.0L bible will show you where.

As hyper as we all are with our deltas I would rather purchase the sensors from Autonation White Bear Ford and wait for the shipping rather then worry that aftermarket sensors might show a few degrees difference due to tolerance control.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts