The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know how to transfer the update file for the commander to exe?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:feedback id really like to get er updated :horsey: but i dont know how to convert the files! :pointlaugh

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
update! the buttons are supposed to be easier to push, egts respond faster, the screen is supposed to be set up a little different i think. the fuel pressure is supposed to read correctly, the boost correctly also, and some other stuff! quad sent me and some others the update to beta test but he sent it as an ex. file and i need to convert it to an exe. and dont know how!!

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
Change the file extension from .ex_ to .exe

If you can't see the .ex_ for the file name you will need to adjust the view properties of the folder.

Choose Tools at the very top and then Folder Options at the bottom of the pull down menu.
Pick the VIEW tab in that window and uncheck the box that says Hide extensions for known file types.

Then you should be able to see the .ex_ and you can right-click over the file and choose rename and change to .exe then

Update is pretty good. The number's are smaller but button response is faster, and it now says OIL rather than Water for the temp reading. Sorry, don't have the fuel or boost issues.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks! i didnt know you just had to rename it..?!? i think the boost issue is mainly with the 03-04 6.0. and the oil temp reading reads oil temp even with it spliced where the water temp is at or you gotta re splice to a different wire?

·
I be Architect'n
351 Posts
On the 7.3 you tap into the Oil Temp, but the gauge would always said Water until the update.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oic...i may have to change that around then...? have to find out from quad! ok, got it updated! so far all i notice is like you said smaller font, easier buttons. mine still says water but thats where its hooked up, need to find out where to do oil at from quad! what else (quad) was this supposed to have done? egt response, acc. fuel pressure and boost.....and is there anything imparticular we need to be looking for while "beta testing" for ya??:Thumbup: :thanks:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts