The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know with the Xcal2 you can data log your truck to get it dialed in better - at least you could with the gasser I used to have. With my gasser I made a few runs on an open road with the Xcal2 plugged into the truck and also into the my laptop and then sent the files back to the tuner and he sent me a new set that worked even better for the gasser. Anyone ever do this with their Xcal2 and the tuning vendor? Is this a common practice with diesel tuning?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i dunno...seems like it would be a good idea for those of us too far to visit the tuners...! ive heard the datalogging isnt that great, but if it helped on your gasser, i dont see why it wouldnt help a diesel.?

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
I did early on and got a bit better, but this was when all the tuners were learning too....
MOST now have a library of canned tunes for each engine & strategy and unless you have a VERY specialized application, it's almost like buying software for your computer :) just different releases and versions :)

·
1,418 Posts
I did a bunch of logging when I was having trans problems and wanted to see exactly what was happing and when and where in the trans. I like having the ablity to basicly see in side the parts while there working.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
morpheuscycles said:
I did a bunch of logging when I was having trans problems and wanted to see exactly what was happing and when and where in the trans. I like having the ablity to basicly see in side the parts while there working.
did this work? i am having some trans problems also. only sometimes tho...let me know, if so i may do some datalogging too!
:thanks:

·
Super Moderator
4,247 Posts
I've datalogged hundreds of vehicles, many 6.0Ls included.

SCT software is "Da bomb!"

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
John_G said:
I've datalogged hundreds of vehicles, many 6.0Ls included.

SCT software is "Da bomb!"
:woot:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts