The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I know "we hate the edge, it killed my tranny, SCT rules" and so fourth:poke: But I'm wondering about the guys like me who have had the Edge Platinum for a few thousand miles. Anyone encounter any problems as of yet? Any dead transmissions? Popped Head Gaskets? So far so good here. Just wondering about the rest of the Edge guys.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
14k half of which has been pulling the fiver and not a hint of a problem here. I did find out that if you put your Edge on the "learn always" on the trans program it has a better 3-4 upshift under hard acceration. You find any secrets? Still thinking about the number for unlocking the HP, not sure I need it, just would like to have it.

What four things do you have on your read out? I have boost, EGT, trans temp and gear on mine.

LargeCar:usflag :usflag :usflag

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LargeCar said:
14k half of which has been pulling the fiver and not a hint of a problem here. I did find out that if you put your Edge on the "learn always" on the trans program it has a better 3-4 upshift under hard acceration. You find any secrets? Still thinking about the number for unlocking the HP, not sure I need it, just would like to have it.

What four things do you have on your read out? I have boost, EGT, trans temp and gear on mine.

No problems on mine after a bit over 10K, and I'm usually on it pretty good. I'm pretty happy with the shifting, maybe I'll try that "learn always" trick.

I'll get around to the Hot Juice unlock one of these days, just so I can say that I have it.

My readout is: Boost, EGT, Tans. Temp, Backdown %

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have one. Installed at about 1,300 miles in Nov 2005. I just hit 25,000 miles this week.

The first version I had was good as long as I used it on #3 or less. Otherwise there were occasionally some tranmission flares during shifting. Also, the module would not enter the "always learn" mode.

I contacted Edge and they switched out my unit in February of 2006. I have not had any "unsolvable" shifting problems. If you make a big change, like going from # 3 to #5, there can be shifting concerns. The solution is to let (or make) the computer learn again. The nice shifts quickly return.

Last May, the display on my unit went very dim. Edge swapped the display out under warrantee.

I have not had any transmission problems or repairs. I like the unit. Edge has shown good customer service.

I do not have the hot code either. If I go further, I'm gonna put in studs, injectors, a turbo... At that point, I'll have to go with an SCT.

·
Old Geezer-TDG Mafia #19
4,396 Posts
Oops I forgot. I did have the backlight on the monitor go out, Edge shipped me a new on and a free return package.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Have been running the Platinum for about 7500 miles. Many passes on the 1/4 mile track. No problems at all. I even have the hot code and an Evolution stacked on top of that. No head problems as of yet. When the gasket finally blows then I'll get the arp head studs and hypermax fire rings, but until then, I'm having a ball at the track!

·
Real Trucks Have 2 Sticks
141 Posts
16,000 miles on my platinum, not one problem yet. I am very happy with it. My screen usually displays engine temp., corrected speed, egt, and boost.

·
37 Posts
Had mine for about 6k now, have had no problems with it. I pull a 47' horse trailer maxing out at around 19k fully loaded with no problems pretty much every weekend. Just got back from Tulsa a few days ago. Ill have to look into that "learn always" tranny trick. My gauges are set to boost, eng temp, tranny temp, and egt. I love mine, would take it over SCT, banks, bully, and anything else anyday. Nothing against them, just the edge has everything I want and need. Very pleased.

·
13 Posts
I have had mine for 2,000 miles. No issues. I love it! I smoked my buddy who had the Banks 6 gun which made me even happier.

I have EGT, boost, eng temp and trans temp

1 - 9 of 9 Posts