The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever have this happen to them before? I was driving out to NM near Raton while passing a vehicle and pulling a light utility trailer with two atv's on hit I kicked it down started to pass and my truck completely shifted out of gear and into Nuetral. I let up off the gas then was able to ease back into it. It happened two more times after that each time I was in elevation of 6-8,000 ft. I had my programmer set on level 3 at the time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

On a seperate note. Which is the best place to get a mag hytec deep pan for the tranny along with transgo jr shift kit? Also looking for a Suncoast converter as well.

Thanks in Advance.

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
after it locked back in gear were the rpms real high or normal... it sounds like you limped your trans. Some of the other guys will chime in but it sounds like you need the upgrades stated. :Thumbup:

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Stacked6600 said:
after it locked back in gear were the rpms real high or normal... it sounds like you limped your trans. Some of the other guys will chime in but it sounds like you need the upgrades stated. :Thumbup:
yep. slipping into neutral or locking into gears usually means a limp. can you scan codes with your tuner?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can scan codes with the PDA and it only showed my typical EGR code. Nothing for the trans. As far the as the rpms, they were normal. As I said earlier, I simply lifted slightly off the throttle, then stepped into it again and the power was there but I had to apply it gingerly. I couldn't just stomp it to the floor.

Since I posted this I a post on a site that indicated a transgo Jr for sale. When I went to check it, the add for the transgo Jr indicated that it would help prevent the allison from shifting into neutral. Sounds like this has happened before.

Thanks again for your input.

Matty

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.