The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, been reading about dt466e engines for last few hours and am not sure what to think of the problem we have..

Truck has been sitting for a few years. Died on road was towed back to yard and sat..

Other day I started tinkering with it to see if I could find a direction to move with it.. un hooked fuel lines connected to emote tank with new fuel. Refilled filter primed . The hand pump leaks but seems to be pushing fuel as it should.

The engine will crank and crank but will not fire. No smoke, nothing.

Guages sweep, then as cranking re sweep.
No tach signal when cranking.

Code 626

Have checked fuses and pulled wires.. is the best next step to actually remove the wiring harness for engine to inspect, or is there common areas with known faults? Cleaned wires on starter and gave them all a tug. Pulled plug out of firewall to check for corrosion. All seems real clean.

This is a 98 4300 by the way..

1 40 fuse in battery box
2x 5 fuses under dash.
1x ecm relay on cowl

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Chris in Washington

·
323 Posts
This code is a general ECM fault. Connections between the battery and the ECM are possibly loose or corroded.

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
Our DT466 did the same thing not long ago.. I changed the cam sensor and it fired right back up and has been fine ever since..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We have a dt530e engine on a stand, that I pulled the cam sensor from to see if it would help. No change. But this engine didn't run either.. so maybe bad cam sensor there too? Pretty cheap, may have to get a new one to check that off the list..

Thanks for your input

1 - 5 of 5 Posts