The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
one of my friends is lookin for a edge juice with attitude the only thang i know its a 02 with stick and he didnt wanna pay much for it. i kinda grined and looked at him and said your gonna pay a good money for a programmer and a real shiny penny for a edge too but i dont know much bout the powerstoke chips and programmers either but just holler back and see what ya'll think or anythang

·
862 Posts
Edge Juice/Attitudes aren't very popular for the Powerstrokes.

As far as what most people here like, go with a chip instead of a programmer. A chip has the ability to switch tunes on the fly, rather than stopping, and downloading a different tune.

Tell him to look at either DP-Tuner, Power Hungry Performance, Total Diesel Performance, Diesel Innovations, or Gearhead Performance chips.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
If he can get one for cheap (like I did) then tell him to go for it. If he's paying full price, hell no. Go with custom tunes then. I'm happy with my Edge, although I know I could make more power with custom tunes.

·
Let it rip tator chip!
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok ill tell him thanks for the info. guys

·
The one and only
410 Posts
If he is going to spend the money. The money is WAY better spend towards a custom tuned chip from someone like Matt at Gearhead, Bill at PHP, David at DI or someone like that.

·
1,052 Posts
I have an 03 7.3 with that edge it works fine as other poster said it may not be the best HP program but it does work and you get some gauges.
Bill

·
812 Posts
Edge Juice/Attitudes aren't very popular for the Powerstrokes.
i wouldnt say that, everyone around here has it for there PSD and they think they are bad *** and cant be beat. only because thats what the local performance shop and diesel god tells them is the best.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts