The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
4,158 Posts
Nope none that i know of that's what these 24 valves lack, from like the 12 valves. So as far as i know your gonna need Smarty or similar to get high idle. Or you can do it the redneck way and stick some kind of wedge on the go pedal so it gives a little more RPM.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the smarty is your best and only bet.... sorry bud

·
53 Posts
You can build yourself an electronic high idle box. It basically takes control away from the pedal, and puts it on a potentiometer and switch.

·
1,189 Posts
from what I heard dodge has a tsb and a computer reflash for this. moparman had the link if I remember right... had stomach flu for last 2 days brain not all there

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
My truck came with a high idle when I bought it. And I don't have a smarty. Has a little on/off button and a toggle switch to adjust the idle to what you want. Don't know who installed it or when but the info on only getting it with a smarty is false...

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
CumminsTorq said:
My truck came with a high idle when I bought it. And I don't have a smarty. Has a little on/off button and a toggle switch to adjust the idle to what you want. Don't know who installed it or when but the info on only getting it with a smarty is false...
Untrue... I barrowed a Smarty and got my flash update that way... The trick is you IAT sensor has to see temp below <32*F with the grid heater ON! So its got to be 20*F at least before the high idle comes on... For 3 cylinder idle you need at least 0*F outside (or <15*F at the IAT with grid heaters on!).

If you have a ScanGauge II you can monitor the IAT sensor temps and know if it will come on... :sly:

But here soon I'm going to build my IAT sensor fooler so I can select high idle or high idle 3 cylinder mode...:Thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts