The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if there is another forum that people migrated to after the new owners made all the wonderful improvements and the dad's intercooler fiasco managed to snuff this one out?

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't come up with "Heavy truck forum" doing a google search. First choice is Truckersreport? Help an old man out here.:kick

·
Ol Dirt Contractor
2,803 Posts
Most of um kinda backed off from the forums.. Like many online sites with experienced folks it became a bashing party with inexperienced ignorant trolls..

I haven't seen Mr Haney, (Kurt Murray) much at all anymore.

·
990 Posts
Folks like longhood379 and YNOT. They were both full of information and YNOT once told me he knew every part numbers off a 3406b. I thought he was bullcrapping me until he began rattling them off...! The dude was obviously on the high performing autisim scale...like a savant.

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Forums as a whole died over the last couple years.
And no, Jasong, wont get banned for putting that up.

Reactions: Oxbow12

·
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did the forums die off as a reult of all the facebook stuff coming invogue? I am not a participent in that realm so I wouldn't know.

·
229 Posts
I was wondering the same thing as well. I recently bought a Ram Ecodiesel and ventured onto some new forums and some FB pages. What a gong show. I try to be respectful and helpful. I find it pretty funny when a guy who's had a diesel truck for a year or two tries to educate me. I'd rather not waste my time sorting through all the BS. If there's a good spot to go let me know.

·
323 Posts
This is one of the last hold outs.
Most of the pick-up forums are filled with computer commandos and bro trucks.

·
51 Posts
Did the forums die off as a reult of all the facebook stuff coming invogue? I am not a participent in that realm so I wouldn't know.
There is a facebook group called Cat Engine Masters II where I have seen some who use to post here. Quite a bit of good stuff posted there. Quite a bit of nonsense too. Just gotta take from it what you can.

·
Big Cam Power!!!!!
484 Posts
I was thinking the same thing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts