The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what the differences are between the 2010 and 2011 suspensions. I've got a lift sitting here for my 08 and just ordered an 11.

·
477 Posts
good luck! Rize and Pro comp both told me some changes will be needed.

·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't imagine they changed too much. I was at the NASCAR race in Phoenix two weeks ago and they had a new king ranch up on a stand where you could walk underneath it. From what I could tell the radius arms, shocks, and springs looked exactly the same. I'm hoping if there are changes all I will need to buy is a new box kit (trackbar drop bracket, sway bar drop, pitman arm, etc.) It was stupid to spend $5k on a lift and then a month later decide to get a new truck but oh well.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Sway bar braketry is different. The brake lines are different. The Track Bar is slightly larger end on it so the drop bracket will need to be widened. The rear blocks and u bolts are completely redesigned. Plus several small things that aren't even uncovered yet.

·
477 Posts
Well, like I mentioned.... I haven't gotten 100% clarity if the 2008-2010 kits will work on the 2011. All I know is that I've heard from the pro comp folks(they actually have a truck and is playing around with fitments) that there maybe some modifications that needs but most likely a whole new kit will need to be designed. I heard similiar quotes from Rize and Fabtech. Believe me, I would really like this lift to fit because I already have a 2008-2010 Rize 6inch that I just got all powdercoated glossy black and this kit is NICE, REAL NICE. I already have my new wheels and 37's toyos in my garage ready to be put on and I can't run these until I lift it. If a whole kit needs to be designed It'll be at least 2-4 months until a lift is out and that nonsense will drive me nuts. I hate the stock look and my 2011 will be here tues or wed next week.

·
477 Posts
Sway bar braketry is different. The brake lines are different. The Track Bar is slightly larger end on it so the drop bracket will need to be widened. The rear blocks and u bolts are completely redesigned. Plus several small things that aren't even uncovered yet.
Thx Jeese, thats the most detailed info I've heard about fitment and changes. Too bad too because I would have loved to use my 2008-2010 kit that I already have. I hate the thought of having to drive around stock for 2-4 mnonths and my 20x10 wheels are too wide for stock.

·
477 Posts
I can't imagine they changed too much. I was at the NASCAR race in Phoenix two weeks ago and they had a new king ranch up on a stand where you could walk underneath it. From what I could tell the radius arms, shocks, and springs looked exactly the same. I'm hoping if there are changes all I will need to buy is a new box kit (trackbar drop bracket, sway bar drop, pitman arm, etc.) It was stupid to spend $5k on a lift and then a month later decide to get a new truck but oh well.

yeah, I hear ya. I took a risk and spend some time and money on my 2008-2010 lift and now I'll have to hit on it.

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97911

http://www.thedieselgarage.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97911

·
Registered
382 Posts
Guys, don't take what I told you as the gospel...it's just what my buddy at Rize has told me but I have compared these components on my truck and the new ones and they are in fact slightly different visually.

·
477 Posts
Guys, don't take what I told you as the gospel...it's just what my buddy at Rize has told me but I have compared these components on my truck and the new ones and they are in fact slightly different visually.

yep but you are right. There are some minor changes and the drive shaft is a solid aluminum instead of a 2 piece. So not only will the front need changes but the rear will need tapered blocks and something that allows the rear axle to be moved forward.

·
& amp; amp; amp; amp;
372 Posts
yep but you are right. There are some minor changes and the drive shaft is a solid aluminum instead of a 2 piece. So not only will the front need changes but the rear will need tapered blocks and something that allows the rear axle to be moved forward.
Solid? Unless it is an independent rear then the shaft has to extend, as the gemoetry changes each time you hit a bump.

·
sldphil
1 Posts
2010-2011 suspension differences

Rize is just about done with their 6"-8" quadlink kits. The difference is the trac bar relocation bracket, sway bar drop, rear ubolts, and brakelines. in addition there were holes pre-drilled in the chassis to install link bar drop brackets, but now they only come with one hole to use so additional holes will need to be drilled. Its a sweet truck though!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts