The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone running "Nutty Professor Extreme" 345hp Race File? Any reviews, got any track times? Just curious...

http://www.kemperformance.com/Products_Detail.php?ProductID=6

KEM Performance custom tuned 345HP race file, the "Nutty Professor Extreme" tune. This file can be used in any Phalanx, regardless of the selling dealer. We strongly recommend an upgraded race transmission. The file will be sent after an email is received with the required information.

·
2,183 Posts
????

·
179 Posts
What the????????????

·
393 Posts
Kind of odd that we haven't heard anything out of KEM for months, maybe years, then all of a sudden a video appears on the 2011 Ford Diesel Forum (New Ford 6.7L Powerstroke! Check it out!) showing a 6.7 truck with KEM tuning. It also gives you a link to the KEM website, which is where I also found the 345hp race tune for the 6.4.

Wouldn't you think that a business that can offer a tune with 35 more horsepower for the 6.4 than the best Spartan has to offer would would be braggin' about on this and every other forum?

Like I said "Kind of odd".

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
hmmmm sounds like fun! dangerous fun!! LOL

Speaking of Spartan I haven't heard/seen squat from them from quite some time..... Actually ALL VENDORS have been very quiet???? I wonder what going on??

·
393 Posts
I think they are all too busy working on new 6.7 performance files for the various tuning devices (Dashdaq, SCT, etc.). They probably haven't looked up from their computer screens since they got their hands on their 2011 Super Duties.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
just thinking also that he is ONLY recomending a built tranny not Head studs or anything else???? I wonder what kind of boost that tune would see??

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Considering huge differences in feel going from 250 to the 275, and the 275 to 310, the 345 must be an abosolute animal...

·
Git' Some
124 Posts
To my knowledge "NuttyProfessor" on here is Mike (KEM PERFORMANCE) who works hand in hand with Matt at Spartan, with that being said i think its pretty safe to say its a "Spartan/KEM" tune.

Dont forget Mike is basically the "Godfather/Originator" of the whole "dpf delete" system, im sure this tune is an absolute dinosaur on steroids going down the road!

I might be mistaken on this, so correct me if im wrong...

·
606 Posts
With that kind of HP that island won't be big enough. Might drive it right off the edge:D

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
I remember Nutty specifically saying there will be no tune larger than the 310 tune for the 6.4's, there simply isn't any more room for improvement without other mods. As for the 2011 6.7's, I don't know, I haven't read about those motors.

·
Git' Some
124 Posts
I remember Nutty specifically saying there will be no tune larger than the 310 tune for the 6.4's, there simply isn't any more room for improvement without other mods. As for the 2011 6.7's, I don't know, I haven't read about those motors.
I remember something along these lines also... Guess not though lol

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The info I posted came off his website...Maybe he changed his mind.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
I remember seeing that also, but I know Paul said they are working on a tune that is NOT streetable, so who knows...

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
I have a hunch this is the real deal. And that this tune will completely put the stock tranny to its death.

·
2,183 Posts
im not gonna be the guinea pig. but only cuz i have a stock tranny!

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
That was Matt who said there was no more. :damnit I have been surprised too many times with the 6.4L that I learned not to say any more is available!:thumbsup

1 - 20 of 93 Posts