The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has used a Super Strap. I have seen them, but never seem them being used. I really like the concept and the videos they have seem to look like they work really good. Let me know what you guys think.

http://www.superstrap.com

·
Thread Hijack Guru!
465 Posts
Never used one but thinking about buying one after that video. Looks cool and easy to use.

·
SIZE MATTERS
284 Posts
i still like the 20-20k lb rated straps imo...10k lbs isnt much when u add the fact ur stuck and being snatched out...

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dustindiesel said:
i still like the 20-20k lb rated straps imo...10k lbs isnt much when u add the fact ur stuck and being snatched out...
The 1" is only 10k, but their 2" "Big Daddy" strap is a 20K strap.

·
981 Posts
theyre pretty good straps, we used a 2 inch to pull a rhino out of a pond that was 4 foot deep(but thats another story) and it was simple to use at 10 pm after walkin the 2 miles back to the house in nothin but my boxers to get the truck lol one of the best times of my life

·
Mafia member 46
555 Posts
not big enough! Every time I hooked to a 20K strap it died!

·
1,836 Posts
Thats when you need the 4 inch nylon strap. And the class 4 hitch & tow hooks.

keydl

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Look ... hers the kinda of strap I use.. Igot it from a boat yard.. YOU WILL NOT BREAK THIS STRAP..!!!!!

Its about a foot wide... and 20ft long..

we have a big clevis hook going through the loop... and what ever we hook yo use hook it again with anopther clevis..

its just a boat hoist strap.. LOL ..:poke:

View attachment 13032

View attachment 13033

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has anyone thought about the fact that the published limits on most tow hooks is only 8k-10k and the receiver mount shackles are 10k-12k? I know these are "working load" limits, not breaking limits, but everyone says not to exceed the working limits, and if you do that item needs replaced, so why do we put 40k straps on a 10k shackle?

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
I would say because after a little wear and tear on that 10K strap it is no longer a 10K strap, thus making it more prone to failure.

·
AKA - FFpsd
1,531 Posts
And around here in FL alot of trucks have custom welded bumpers and special strap mounts so they arn't limited to reciever and shackle load limits

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just found those the other day. Probably what I'm going to go with. I will plan on looping it on one vehicle and using a shackle on the other end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts