The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any new news coming out of the f-150 diesel?? I thought they were going to be coming out the same time as the new 6.7l.
Thanks
Fuzzy:usflag

·
2,126 Posts
Yea idk, If these come out I'm seriously considering getting one.

·
9/11/01 343
697 Posts
They had an article in Diesel Power mag about the F150 diesel I believe something along the lines of the land rover diesel or something like that I would have to find the article i'll check back on it

·
Registered
3 Posts
4.4L spotted at dealer show in April

Is there any new news coming out of the f-150 diesel?? I thought they were going to be coming out the same time as the new 6.7l.
Thanks
Fuzzy:usflag
sorry that was 2008 report.

·
79 Posts
Automotive News

One industry source familiar with Ford's product plans said the diesel F-150 has officially been delayed until 2013. But it will likely be canceled outright unless diesel prices fall substantially below gasoline for a prolonged period, said the source, who didn't want to be identified.

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090504/ANA03/305049954&nocache=1

Wonder why it has to be that difference in fuelprices because that was not the point when production was decided last time.

·
55 Posts
The new technology on the gas engine is supposed to get it really close to the mileage and power of the diesel without the extra cost of the diesel. I think they see that as the answer for the F-150. Why spend a couple of grand more for a diesel when you can get the same mileage with a gas engine.

·
79 Posts
The new technology on the gas engine is supposed to get it really close to the mileage and power of the diesel without the extra cost of the diesel. I think they see that as the answer for the F-150. Why spend a couple of grand more for a diesel when you can get the same mileage with a gas engine.
For those needing some torque the diesel will be the only alternative. Mileage is better too even if it´s improving in the new petrolmule.

·
2,821 Posts
I'd think that it might be useful in other applications if they opt out of the F-150. Chris

·
98 Posts
Yea i think the F150 diesel would be the perfect truck for me but last i heard it was on hold indefinitely. They are putting more focus on the ecoboost gas motors which don't look half bad either twin turbo direct injection v6 with 350+ hp.

·
Registered
25 Posts
heres a shot in the dark. how about that same engine in the mustang GT coupe :) oh happy days. since they already have diesel super dutys and what not.

·
307 Posts
just FYI.....
Dodge has also cancelled their 1/2 ton diesel, this after all the BS that they were ready to bring it out regardless. It seems Ford was spot on AGAIN with their research to cancell the program and not bleed money on something that won't return $$. Maybe if the truck market makes a huge rebound will we ever see a 1/2ton diesel.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
I had heard that all 3 canceled there 150/1500 series diesel engines for those lines of trucks.

·
307 Posts
I had heard that all 3 canceled there 150/1500 series diesel engines for those lines of trucks.
Yes, that's correct, but there is talk of some foreign company trying to bring a small diesel pick-up to our market. Also the rumor of Nissan getting the Cummins small diesel. I DO NOT ever see that happening because they can't even sell their gas 1/2 ton competitively (lowest selling out of all 5 brands). Plus, 2010 Titans will be rebadged Dodges anyway.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts