Discussion Starter #1
Where is the best place to buy Archoil?
Thanks Ed:wave

·
3,051 Posts
Reactions: deereman39

·
1,324 Posts
I buy from Harry. He helps everyone on here no matter what. He has even answered the phone when I called in a panic after I made a bone head mistake and plugged my fuel filter. My truck runs like butter (I like butter) have been using it in the last 4-5 oil changes.

I run 9100 in the oil and 6200 in the fuel.

You will like it.

·
321 Posts
Harry gets my vote. Need to order a gallon myself. I also use both the oil and fuel treatment. Butter is a good analogy. Mine must run like melted butter then, just a little warmer than Weld's.

·
1,324 Posts
Harry gets my vote. Need to order a gallon myself. I also use both the oil and fuel treatment. Butter is a good analogy. Mine must run like melted butter then, just a little warmer than Weld's.
:haha

Mine is getting a workout this week. Gotta say my tow tune, atlas 40 and all my other combos has raised my mileage from 8-9 pulling my travel trailer to 10-11. I'm pretty happy with it considering the square box I'm pulling around.

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, ihave never used an additive before but am concidering it.First I am going to do some things to the truck.
1-EGR Cooler delete
2-Oil cooler replace
3- Injector Orings
4- Standpipes
Thanks Ed

·
3,051 Posts
Recommend flushing the cooling system prior to oil cooler replacement so you don't clog the new oil cooler once it's installed.

Additionally, when an egr delete is performed custom tuning is recommended to bring power delivery back into spec and eliminate a cel for egr.

Harry

·
3,533 Posts
Weld engineer, I talked to a friend about trying it, the oil treatment, I do not know if he did but he did seem interested, If it comes up I will ask him. He has a 6.0 it is a problem child
Just a thought!

Reactions: deereman39

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:usflag Thanks harry6.0 that will be done at same time as I already have the coolant zerex ZRXED-1. I am leaving the EGR just removing the Cooler and blocking the Exhust. This is on hold for a while as just had a Knee replacement.
Ed:happydance

·
1,324 Posts
:usflag Thanks harry6.0 that will be done at same time as I already have the coolant zerex ZRXED-1. I am leaving the EGR just removing the Cooler and blocking the Exhust. This is on hold for a while as just had a Knee replacement.
Ed:happydance
If you block off the EGR cooler you will get a CEL (check engine light) and the engine will de-tune itself. Whenever a delete is done the cost of a SCT and tunes need to be added in. Truck will run just not as well.

Highly recommend Archoil. It is not magic and doesn't fix broken or damaged parts. It will make your injection system smoother and end any stiction problems present you will notice it idles quieter and turbo spool faster. You will notice a change right away. I'm a huge skeptic i tried rev-x first since it's made by a MI company but $60 an oil change was too much for me - it did work Honestly I see no better performance of synthetic in my truck and prefer 15w-40 for cost and performance. The 6.0 shears everything to 30w anyways. I only run synthetic in the winter for starting and probably going to give 10w-30 a shot but I have more 5w-40 sale/rebate oil on the shelf. I buy Archoil in a gallon thru Harry and have my oil, filter (dieselfiltersonline.com) and Archoil, down to about $80 for conventional and $100 for synthetic. I would have to add things up for exact amount but should be pretty close.

My truck makes me 0$ as it's only for fun activities like hauling the RV, old JD's, plowing driveways for fun, and other money pit hobbies.

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Weld Engineer I had an 04 a few yrs back and I blocked the exhust from entering the intake but left the cooler and it would set a cel under hard pulling but after setting over night it would be gone until it was pulling hard again,not sure if it was from blocking exhust or not but never noticed any loss of power.
Thanks Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts