The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been field testing a new fuel system and combustion chamber cleaner from Archoil called AR6400-D.

Some history...

The product was originally tested in the EU market because unlike the US, Europe is predominantly a diesel market, with most consumers and virtually all commercial vehicles using diesel. It took 2yrs and many formulation changes to get where it is now, with 100% active ingredients and no fillers, as is with all of Archoils products.

The current packaging is 430mL bottles (14.5oz) and these treat between 12-22 gal, so I had to put 2 x (14.5oz) bottles in my 29.5 gal tank to get near maximum treatment % levels.

Furthermore and unlike conventional cleaning additives, it contains 100% active ingredients, the very best available with zero useless fillers. Polyetheramine and mid-molecular PIBSA detergents, nano lubricants (product is very lubricious) and combustion catalyst technology, pure 2-EHN cetane improvers etc. These all combine to provide a very powerful product that rapidly cleans the fuel system, removes post combustion carbon, restores MPG degradation, lowers emissions and so on.

Results...

In my 6.0L PowerStroke it was truly incredible. My first refill at the same station and the same pump, I hand calculated 19.5mpg, thats around town with some freeway driving, it's usually an average of 16mpg. Also the power and performance level increase with this product in your fuel is a whole new experience. When towing heavy trailer loads of hay last weekend my low end power had increased substantially to where it pulled 10k loads of hay uphill effortlessly, same with taking off from a dead stop, lots of torque available. The exhaust tone of the truck was also noticeably cleaner sounding and all gauge readings were in the sweet zone.

Two Duramax trucks, my coworkers 06' saw an increase from 21mpg hwy to 26mpg hwy, that has never happened before on his truck. The other owner said his Duramax has not run this good in 50k miles and thinks he is going to get an extra 100 miles out of his tankful. (this is what they actually told me) along with the huge power increases.

We gave a client 2 bottles to try in his 06' Cummins that cannot pass emissions testing due to excessive soot opacity, even with it returned to stock tunning, but likely has some bad injectors. Still waiting for the results on this one, haven't heard from him yet.

When I received the AR6400-D for testing the results were so impresive that I ordered a bunch more, but sold out locally in 2-3 days, but have more enroute. Archoil is working on repackaging into diesel truck size containers for the USA market, as the ones now are basically car size and have EU market terminology on the bottles. I suppose you could treat a half a tank of fuel with one bottle.

Anyhow, that whats new, take it for what it is, but I believe this product has again without question raised the bar in fuel system and combustion cleaners world wide, even much better than anything BG chemical co. sells (we have tried those too at my work) and has set a new standard industry wide. It offers a substantial increase in power like your running a triple dose of AR6200. It's a once in awhile fuel treatment that keeps things cleaned out, like carbon build up on the pistons and injector tips and upper cylinder head inside the combustion chamber, then it's recommended to maintain the system with AR6200. It's selling huge in Europe, and their fuel is substantially better than ours to begin with, so it's very dramatic on our low grade no.2 fuels. They also offer the gasoline version which is just AR6400 without the D designation, the results have been the same in my old Dodge 5.9 gasser pickup as well as many other vehicles we have run it in.

I'm usually not one to say anything will increase your fuel mileage but using your right foot lightly, but this product really is impressive to say the least.

Harry

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
So we have a secondary level of fuel modification from the boys at Archoil. I'll have to order some. My 7.3 has proven itself to be happy to oblige with better fuel mileage than I ever got from my 6.0 did. But being a 16 year old truck, I'm pretty sure this would have a positive impact on things. Thanks for the new product info Harry!

Reactions: harry6.0

·
721 Posts
Do you know what % of the product is 2-EHN? I have ran pure 2-EHN and it work well. The problem is finding it here in the states. Usually if you look it is at 50% or less.

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you know what % of the product is 2-EHN? I have ran pure 2-EHN and it work well. The problem is finding it here in the states. Usually if you look it is at 50% or less.
The only info I have is the EU tech sheet...
http://archoil.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/ARCHOIL-AR6400-D-Product-Tech-Sheet-Europe.pdf

The bottles are labeled in British terminology, but say's made in USA on the bottles I received.

It say's it raises the cetane by 7 points, which it definitely acts like. But I think it's the combination of the ingredients that give it the wallop.

Harry

·
422 Posts
Harry,

How much is it, and what's the lead time?

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My site has it listed at the same price, my enroute stock order shipment ETA is for next Monday 7-7-14

Harry

·
154 Posts
So, would a person want to use this prior to a fuel filter change?

So, at every oil change is what they have recommended. (for us that change oil every 5000 miles)

But, the helper in this is the cetane spike of 7 points. That would help the fuel for sure, but, will it keep helping the MPG long after the first tank?

·
1,213 Posts
Sounds really great, but quite frankly it isn't much of a cost savings at $20-$30 per tank of diesel (unless of course one treatment lasted 2+ tanks of fuel). Definitely not trying to be negative, just practical.

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't know if this is the latest msds but it is low on the 2ehn when you factor in the other chemicals in the mix.
Len, being thats a Feb 2012 msds, I'm thinkin it's likely changed since then. But I don't know for sure what those changes are or might be.

(for all the other forum members who don't know) 2-EHN is one of the most common cetane booster used by most oil companies and is widely accepted.

You are correct, the 2-EHN is showing low, but it's my belief that it is only one small factor in the product purpose and design.

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, would a person want to use this prior to a fuel filter change?

So, at every oil change is what they have recommended. (for us that change oil every 5000 miles)

But, the helper in this is the cetane spike of 7 points. That would help the fuel for sure, but, will it keep helping the MPG long after the first tank?
Mark is right, the product is meant for rapid clean up of the fuel system and combustion chamber, but would not be cost effective to run all the time as a regular fuel additive. And I would think that after it has done it's job, one could expect fuel economy levels to average out somewhere between before and after.

Something I'll probaby find out about soon enough.

However, it's still not a bad thing to clean things up once in awhile.

Harry

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Forgot to answer your prior to fuel fiter change question Amdriven.

I didn't change my filter yet and neither has anyone else that has run it. So, I would think your fine to run it first change it later, might get to see some things in those filters when the time comes.

Harry

Reactions: Eddy

·
154 Posts
Forgot to answer your prior to fuel fiter change question Amdriven.

I didn't change my filter yet and neither has anyone else that has run it. So, I would think your fine to run it first change it later, might get to see some things in those filters when the time comes.

Harry
That's what I was thinking Harry, replace the filters after wards. I'll need to wait a while for that, I still have around 10,000 miles to go before my next fuel filter change.

I have a good picture of my filters after 15,000 miles. So, I will be able to compare ones changed after a cleaning.

I fuel up, when I'm just commuting, every 15-17 days.

·
721 Posts
I usually find that if a formula hasn't changed older MSDS sheets are still valid. Many Zep products have older MSDS sheets. I have been trying to find pure 2-EHN and Amzoil seems to be the only place I have been able to locate it, but it is a bit pricey at about $50.00 per gallon in 5 gallon lots. It should be around $100 for the same 5 gallons . Just need to find the right chemical company who produces and sells to the public. I probably am already on the Homland security watch list just for looking LOL.

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Archoil told me that the msds posted was the gasoline version of AR6400, and that is does not contain any 2-EHN.

They said a single bottle of "AR6400-D" contains approx. 2 ounces of 2-EHN.

Harry

Reactions: lenzhotrod

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, did another fillup "without" any AR6400-D, around town driving mostly and some towing, wife took horses out a couple times to local mountain trails, 17.45 mpg, same station and pump. I don't fill to top like Amdriven does, just let it cut off on slowest setting.

Harry

·
1,324 Posts
Filled up and put my first bottle in. I will report back logged 170 miles Saturday but I don't want to fill up early.

·
3,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1-bottle treats 12-22 gal....2-bottles treat 24-44 gal....I ran with 2-bottles in my truck.

Harry

·
1,324 Posts
1-bottle treats 12-22 gal....2-bottles treat 24-44 gal....I ran with 2-bottles in my truck.

Harry
Guess I should have read the directions. Well I'll add bottle two and fill up gauge made it look like I used about 10 gallons out of my 30 gal tank. Should still be within the 44 gal requirement. Guess you will have to put sticky notes on my shipments with - Wes read the directions! :slap
:shrugs:shrugs

1 - 20 of 31 Posts